Lecturer of Social Psychology
Are you a social psychologist who is passionate about teaching? Effective September 2019, we are seeking a lecturer of social psychology. Applicants must have …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
Are you a social psychologist who is passionate about teaching? Effective September 2019, we are seeking a lecturer of social psychology.
Applicants must have proven ability and motivation to teach in the Social Influence track and/or the Cultural Psychology track of our master's program as well as in the interdisciplinary bachelor program Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE).
As lecturer of social psychology, you will be responsible for:
- teaching, developing, and coordinating bachelor and master level courses and tutorials on social-psychological topics, including social influence and/or cultural psychology;
- supervising student research projects at bachelor and master level.
- a PhD in social psychology;
- experience in teaching, developing, and improving courses and supervising theses on social-psychological topics at the bachelor and master level (with good evaluations);
- a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- excellent English proficiency;
- willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable).
- a team player;
- focused on quality;
- a good planner and organizer.
The employment is for two years. Salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €3,637 and a maximum salary of €4,978 gross per month based on a full-time appointment for a 38-hour working week. We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalisation, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
What else can we offer you?
A motivating work environment with a variety of duties and sufficient scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organization. We cherish inquisitive minds and persevering spirits, and allow you the opportunity to dig deeper with your questions. Diverse, unique, dynamic, internationally oriented and ambitious: these are all characteristics which typify UvA staff. Strongly committed to the city of Amsterdam and the international society of which it is part, the UvA stands for independence, creativity, innovation, an international perspective and a critical yet open mindset.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)? Visit our website.
Does this profile sound like you? If so, we are eager to receive:
- your CV;
- a letter explaining your motivation and qualifications and
- recent teaching evaluations.
The deadline for applications is 24 May 2019.
You may apply online by clicking this link.