Lecturer / Tutor in the Academic Core
Amsterdam University College (AUC) is currently looking for a lecturer/tutor in the Academic Core. We are looking for applicants with teaching …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
Amsterdam University College (AUC) is currently looking for a lecturer/tutor in the Academic Core. We are looking for applicants with teaching experience and expertise in two fields: (1) academic writing and research skills; (2) identity, processes of in- and exclusion, and diversity. At AUC, you will teach Academic Writing Skills and/or Advanced Research Writing, and Global Identity Experience. The course descriptions can be found here.
In addition to teaching courses, AUC lecturer/tutors have up to 33 students assigned to them as their tutees. You will advise your tutees on the academic choices they have to make and on their integration into the AUC community. You will assist your tutees in choosing their courses, eventually leading to their capstones (bachelor theses), and will pay special attention to ensuring their programmes meet the degree requirements and match their future ambitions.
What do we require of you?
- hold a PhD and have a clear affinity with an interdisciplinary approach to education;
- have experience as a teacher in higher education;
- have a strong commitment towards developing excellence in education;
- have an international profile and/or experience;
- have affinity with, and preferably experience with Liberal Arts and Sciences education;
- master English at C1 level;
- have the ability and be prepared to coach students intensively and to be part of a multi-disciplinary and international team;
- have the ability and be prepared to involve external stakeholders in their lectures in order to reinforce the students’ learning experience;
- be committed to creating, promoting and establishing inclusive learning environments where all students feel encouraged to participate and know that their contributions are valued.
The employment contract that we offer will be for four years, according to Article 6.12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. A training and supervision plan is drawn up with the lecturer/ tutor, which includes: mastering academic skills, didactic skills (obtaining the University Teaching Qualification (BKO)) and additional focus on the lecturer/tutor’s personal growth and career development. In addition to their normal teaching duties, the lecturer/tutor is asked to make a contribution to educational innovations and to align with educational research within AUC. AUC core faculty are employed by the University of Amsterdam, which comes with an extensive package of secondary benefits, including a holiday allowance and end of year allowance. The salary will depend on qualifications and experience, ranging from €2,790 to €4,402 gross per month on a full-time basis (UFO Profile Lecturer 4, scale 10). The starting date is ideally 1 December 2020.
For more information you can contact:
- Dr Marianne Riphagen, Head of Studies Academic Core
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.