OpenLab Developer Informatics Institute
We are looking for an ICT developer for SNE research cluster of the Institute of Informatics. The cluster comprises the three research groups: CCI – …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2710 - € 4093 per maand
We are looking for an ICT developer for SNE research cluster of the Institute of Informatics. The cluster comprises the three research groups: CCI – Complex Cyber Infrastructures, MNS – Multiscale Networked Systems and PCS – Parallel Computing Systems.
You will support and contribute to the further development of the OpenLab, the experimental environment that supports research carried out in the three groups.
What are you going to do?
You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the OpenLab, the experimental lab that supports the research activities of the three groups The lab is foundational to the world leading research role of the groups and requires continuous support as well as development.
You will support and facilitate several ongoing research efforts:
- the RoN – Research on Networks – activities in collaboration with SURF;
- the 2STiC collaboration, with particular focus on the definition of P4 testbeds;
- the 'AMdEX Industry Lab' and AMdEX researchers on interoperable data exchange prototypes demonstrating aspects of controllability, programmability and reuse;
- the OpenLab services interoperability with the European research infrastructures.
What do we require?
You should have a Master’s degree in Security and Network Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant discipline and fluently speak and write English.
Specifically, we are interested in people with:
- substantial experience working with Linux based operating systems;
- experience with API development for distributed systems and data sharing;
- experience managing a network including configuring routers, switches and firewalls;
- in depth understanding of core network services such as DHCP, DNS, and routing;
- familiar with virtualization technologies such as OpenStack and KVM;
- familiar with Software Defined Networking, and data plane programmability including technologies such as P4, DPDK, or eBPF.
We also expect the candidate to contribute to the group technical and scientific publications of researchers associated with the OpenLab by providing the necessary technical contributions; previous contributions to technical publications are considered an advantage. We also foresee support for the general outreach activities of the groups, such as developing and supporting prototypes and demonstrators.
A temporary contract for 38 hours a week, preferably starting as soon as possible, for the duration of 14 months.
The starting salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience and qualifications. It will range from a minimum €2,710 - €4,093 gross per month (scale 9) based on full-time employment.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be Select scale gross per month, based on a fulltime contract (38 hours a week). This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: