De faculteit Recht, Economie, Bestuur en Organisatie van de Universiteit Utrecht zoekt een Hoogleraar Staatsrecht. Bent u geïnteresseerd in deze baan? Lees dan…
PhD candidate in Choice Modeling
The University of Amsterdam Business School has a vacancy for a PhD candidate in Choice Modeling. The project, Modeling Individual Customer Choices on Digital …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The University of Amsterdam Business School has a vacancy for a PhD candidate in Choice Modeling.
The project, Modeling Individual Customer Choices on Digital Platforms, is on the development, comparison and application of different methodologies for modeling customer choices on an individual level so that customer segments can be identified. The application area is digital marketing. You are expected to use econometric methods, choice design and modeling techniques and different data science approaches in this project. You are expected to strengthen the Operations Management and Marketing departments within the Amsterdam Business School (ABS). You must be willing and able to conduct research consistent with the high standards of the ABS, have strong analytical and problem solving skills and knowledge in statistics and modeling. The research produced by you will be methodological but tested and applied to real problems in collaboration with an industry partner. You will be working with datasets from industry that entail information on customer choices. You will be involved in linking theory and practice together, particularly in the field of digital marketing. We are looking for ambitious high-potential candidates who are demonstrably committed to excellence in high-impact research, and therefore devout to publish, in top-tier international journals.
Supervisors of the PhD project will be Prof. Ronald Does, Dr Umut Konus, and Dr Roselinde Kessels.
- A Master’s degree in the area of econometrics, mathematics, statistics, or a related discipline such as engineering, computer science, data science;
- excellent grades and a strong interest in quantitative research methods, modeling and/or statistics;
- considerable knowledge/experience and willingness to work with R (preferably), SAS/JMP, MATLAB, or Python;
- the drive to publish in top academic journals in marketing and business science;
- well-developed analytical skills, strong organization and communication skills, an entrepreneurial mind set, and perseverance;
- the ability to work independently in developing the research project;
- mastery of both written and spoken English;
In addition to these formal requirements, we select candidates on the basis of their CVs, academic references, grade overviews, and interview(s) with the supervisor(s).
The appointment will be for a period of 4 years, with an intermediate evaluation after 18 months. End-result should be a PhD thesis. An educational plan will be drafted that includes attendance of courses and (international) conferences. You are also expected to assist in teaching at undergraduate level.
The gross monthly salary will range from €2,222 in the first year to €2,840 in the last year. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
Preferred starting date is 1 September 2018.
For further information, please contact:
Please apply using this link.
You should send a letter of application accompanied by a curriculum vitae before 15 June 2018. Please include a copy of your Master thesis and two reference letters. Applicants that are currently studying for a Master degree should include a short description of their Master thesis project (max. 2 pages) and a copy of their Bachelor thesis.
An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection process.