PhD position at the UvA Faculty of Humanities – Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis
The Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA) invites applications for a PhD position at the Faculty of Humanities, tenable from 1 September …
- Kloveniersburgwal, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA) invites applications for a PhD position at the Faculty of Humanities, tenable from 1 September 2020 (4 years, 1 FTE). We invite proposals that resonate with ASCA’s research mission and that link to one or more of ASCA’s research constellations. We are especially interested in proposals engaging the Global South.
What are you going to do?
The tasks of the selected PhD candidate will include:
- completion and defence of a PhD thesis within the contract period;
- regular presentation of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- participation in the ASCA and Faculty of Humanities PhD training programmes;
- teaching courses at BA-level in the 2nd and 3rd year of the appointment (0,2 FTE per year).
- A completed Master’s degree in a field relevant to the proposed PhD project and the research areas of the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis. You may apply if you have not yet completed your Master's degree only if you provide a signed letter from your supervisor stating that you will graduate before 1 September 2020;
- excellent command of English;
- excellent research skills.
The PhD candidate at the Faculty of Humanities will be employed within the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis. The employment contract will be for 4 years for 38 hours per week-1 FTE (including 0,2 teaching in the second and third years of the employment contract) under the terms of employment currently valid for the Faculty. Initially, a contract will be given for 16 months, with an extension for the following 32 months on the basis of a positive evaluation after 12 months. The starting date of the contract is 1 September 2020.
The salary for the position (based on a full-time contract) will be €2,325 during the first year (gross per month) and will reach €2,972 during the fourth year, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. The PhD candidate receives a tuition fee waiver and has free access to courses offered by the Graduate School of the Faculty of Humanities and the Dutch National Research Schools.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Dr Eloe Kingma via email@example.com