PhD position at the UvA Faculty of Humanities – ARTES
The Amsterdam School for Regional, Transnational and European Studies (ARTES) invites applications for a PhD position at the Faculty of Humanities, …
- Kloveniersburgwal, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Amsterdam School for Regional, Transnational and European Studies (ARTES) invites applications for a PhD position at the Faculty of Humanities, tenable from 1 September 2020 (4 years, 1 FTE).
What are you going to do?
The tasks of the selected PhD candidate will include:
- completion and defence of a PhD thesis within the contract period, on a topic corresponding to the transregional and comparative profile of ARTES, preferably with an interdisciplinary approach;
- regular presentation of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- participation in the Faculty of Humanities PhD training programme;
- taching courses at BA-level in the 2nd and 3rd year of the appointment (0,2 FTE per year).
- A completed Master’s degree in a field relevant to the proposed PhD project and the research areas of ARTES. You may apply if you have not yet completed your Master's degree only if you provide a signed letter from your supervisor stating that you will graduate before 1 September 2020;
- excellent command of English;
- excellent research skills.
The PhD candidate at the Faculty of Humanities will be employed within ARTES. The employment contract will be for 4 years for 38 hours per week-1 FTE (including 0,2 teaching in the second and third years of the employment contract) under the terms of employment currently valid for the Faculty. Initially, a contract will be given for 16 months, with an extension for the following 32 months on the basis of a positive evaluation after 12 months. The starting date of the contract is 1 September 2020.
The salary for the position (based on a full-time contract) will be €2,325 during the first year (gross per month) and will reach €2,972 during the fourth year, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. The PhD candidate receives a tuition fee waiver and has free access to courses offered by the Graduate School of the Faculty of Humanities and the Dutch National Research Schools.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Michael Kemper via firstname.lastname@example.org