Phd position on quantum computing and quantum simulation for chemistry and materials
We are seeking a PhD candidate who is interested in interdisciplinary research, developing quantum computing and quantum simulation approaches to many-body …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
We are seeking a PhD candidate who is interested in interdisciplinary research, developing quantum computing and quantum simulation approaches to many-body problems in quantum chemistry and materials.
What are you going to do?
- Your research will combine algorithmic development with applications to concrete problems in quantum chemistry and materials, including implementations on NISQ devices or emulators thereof;
- you will be part of the QuSoft research environment and interact with its senior and junior members;
- you will contribute to educational programs at the University of Amsterdam.
- An MSc degree in (theoretical) physics, chemistry or computer science;
- affinity in and expertise with, on the one hand, quantum many body problems in chemistry and physics and, on the other, quantum computing and simulation;
- the ability and willingness to do research in an interdisciplinary setting.
A temporary contract for 38 hours per week for the duration of 4 years (initial contract will be for a period of 18 months and after satisfactory evaluation it will be extended for a total duration of 4 years) and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis). We will draft an educational plan that includes attendance of courses and (international) meetings. We also expect you to assist in teaching undergraduates and master students.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,395 to €3,061 (scale P) gross per month, based on a fulltime contract of 38 hours a week. This is exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: