Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD student, AI for good: Crowdsourced Data Science for Responsible Production
The Amsterdam Business School has a vacancy for a PhD student, AI for good: Crowdsourced Data Science for Responsible Production. Are you the …
- Roetersstraat, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Amsterdam Business School has a vacancy for a PhD student, AI for good: Crowdsourced Data Science for Responsible Production.
Are you the excellent AI, data science, or computer science student that wants to pursue AI for good? Do you want to develop innovative techniques that can make a real change in society? If the answer is yes than this is the position for you. In the CARPA project you will extend a mobile app to crowdsource data in targeted countries in Africa. You will then research and develop data science techniques (machine learning, predictive modeling, information visualization, interactive learning) to improve data quality, analyze this data and make it available through a web based application. Relevant research questions include the following:
- Whether technology-based accountability innovations can improve corporate governance and sustainable corporate behavior in states with weak institutions?
- How to optimize the user experience to ensure uptake of the App and website by interested stakeholders and how best to ensure the quality, quantity, and reliability of crowdsourcing contributions?
- How to contextualize this information in an automatic manner, and how to provide access to this data in a way that supports deep understanding of the results and serendipitous findings?
Successful candidates will present their research findings at prestigious computer science and management science conferences and publish in top-tier journals.
- A Master’s degree in the area of computer science, data science, artificial intelligence, information technology, business analytics or a related discipline;
- excellent grades and a strong interest in applied and quantitative research methods;
- motivation to build socially relevant computer science applications (AI for good / ICT for development);
- well-developed analytical skills, strong organization and communication skills, an entrepreneurial mind set, and perseverance;
- the ability to work independently and to be proactive in developing the research project;
- mastery of both written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French is helpful.
Position entails possibility to travel to workshops in South Africa, Mali, Rwanda and/or Democratic Republic of Congo.
We offer a challenging job with ample opportunity for personal development in an attractive international work environment. ABS is a growing, research driven business school at an internationally recognized university that has the ambition to become a leading international player in the field of management research and education. ABS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, the cultural and financial capital of the Netherlands. Amsterdam offers a cosmopolitan living environment with excellent connections to the rest of the world.
You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months with a possibility to extend it for another 2,5 years, pending positive evaluation. As part of your contract, you will spend 20% of your time on teaching. You will be classified as PhD candidate (promovendus) in the Dutch University job-ranking system (UFO), providing a gross monthly starting salary of €2.325 in the first year (which increases to €2.972 in the final year) with an additional end-of-year bonus (8.3%) and holiday allowance (8%), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities.
Further information may be obtained from: