Post-Doctoral Position in HAT Photocatalysis
Are you exceptionally interested in the combination of Hydrogen Atom Transfer photocatalysis with cutting-edge technology? Do you like to work in a team of …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
Are you exceptionally interested in the combination of Hydrogen Atom Transfer photocatalysis with cutting-edge technology? Do you like to work in a team of young researchers? We are seeking a Postdoctoral candidate who is interested in interdisciplinary research and likes technological advances in organic synthesis. The postdoctoral fellowship is sponsored by a company so intense collaboration is foreseen with researchers from that company.
What are you going to do?
You are expected:
- to be active in HAT photocatalysis and its translation to continuous processes of our Flow Chemistry group, publishing in high level international journals, presenting at leading conferences and supervising PhD students;
- to be aiding in the attraction of external funding;
- to be open to collaborations with other institutes and/or companies by presenting your work to these collaborators and to transfer the technology to the company.
What do we require of you?
- a PhD in chemistry;
- a strong scientific expertise in synthetic organic chemistry;
- demonstrated experience in photocatalysis;
- the ability and willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- a strong desire to work with the newest technologies, e.g. flow chemistry or automation technology;
- you are able to show leadership and are able to manage a small research team.
A temporary contract for 38 hours a week, preferably starting on 1 September 2021 for the duration of 12 months.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,790 to €4,402 gross per month, based on a fulltime contract (38 hours a week). This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: