Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Postdoctoral Position in Biocatalysis & Synthetic Biochemistry
The Biocatalysis group of the Van't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) is currently offering a Postdoctoral position for 15 months to work on an …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2640 - € 4166 per maand
The Biocatalysis group of the Van't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) is currently offering a Postdoctoral position for 15 months to work on an exciting research programme, which was funded by the European Research Council (ERC) – BioSusAmin and the Dutch national Sector Plan on Physics and Chemistry (Sectorplan Natuur- en Scheikunde).
The current manufacturing of chemical compounds is based on processes that require non-renewable resources and generate copious amounts of waste. In such scenario, enzymes provide the opportunity for sustainable development as enzymes (i) fulfil all the twelve principles of green chemistry, (ii) catalyse complicated chemical reactions with elevated chemo-, regio- and stereoselectivity, (iii) can be combined to carry out sequential multi-step processes in a single flask (or reactor, vessel) without the need for isolation and purification of the intermediates. Furthermore, protein engineering techniques allow for the creation of new enzymes capable of catalysing chemical reactions that are not known in Nature. These variants can be integrated into artificial pathways to further shorten synthetic routes and improve efficiency.
During the course of the ERC funded project, the Biocatalysis group has made major achievements such as the development of efficient biocatalytic cascade for the asymmetric conversion of alcohols into amines using either isolated enzymes in solution or co-immobilized enzymes as heterogeneous biocatalysts. Additionally, we have recently developed a system for the efficient asymmetric bioamination of alcohols in vivo using microbial cells overexpressing the required enzymes. This present position as Post-doctoral researcher aims at continuing this latter research line in order to generate more complex engineered microbial cells for challenging biotransformations in vivo on target molecules.
What do we require of you?
* A PhD degree in biochemistry or industrial biotechnology. If you expect to complete your PhD by the end of March 2019 we will consider your application;
* you must possess a well-documented research experience in more of the following sub-disciplines (ideally all):
- biocatalysis and biotransformation with microbial whole cells,
- gene cloning and analysis,
- capability to modify/design gene constructs for the co-expression of proteins,
- knowledge of standard analytical chemical techniques (GC, HPLC);
* the ability to collaborate and adapt in an international team;
* good communication skills in oral and written English.
This position will be available starting in the window period between 1 March and 1 June 2019 depending on your availability.
You will be appointed full-time at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) on a temporary base for a period of 15 months. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel. Depending on experience and qualifications, it will range from a minimum of €2,709 up to a maximum of €4,274 gross per month (salary scale 10) based on full-time employment. This is excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information, please contact:
You may also want to check our:
You may send in your application using this link.
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file (not zipped):
- cover letter/letter of motivation (at most 1 page), why did you choose to apply for this position;
- curriculum vitae, including list of publications;
- the names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
We will recruit until the position is filled. The selection process commences immediately, but will close when a suitable candidate has been found, even if this prior to the final date of the application window.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature