Postdoctoral position in Computational Condensed Matter Physics
Applications are invited for a 2-year postdoctoral position in the Computational Condensed Matter Physics group of dr Philippe Corboz at …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
Applications are invited for a 2-year postdoctoral position in the Computational Condensed Matter Physics group of dr Philippe Corboz at the University of Amsterdam (UvA), starting in September 2021. The group is part of the Condensed Matter Theory group at the Institute for Theoretical Physics (ITFA) and Institute of Physics (IOP) at the UvA, the Delta Institute of Theoretical Physics (D-ITP), and QuSoft, the new Dutch research center for quantum software. The successful applicant will be embedded in a stimulating research environment including leading groups in condensed matter theory and experiment.
The position is part of the NexGenTeN ERC project which focuses on the development and application of 2D tensor network algorithms for the accurate study of strongly correlated quantum many-body systems. Research areas include the development of 2D tensor network algorithms for ground states, spectral functions, finite temperature simulations, open systems, and multi-scale approaches, with applications in single and multi-band Hubbard models, frustrated magnets, SU(N) systems, open quantum systems, and other strongly correlated systems.
What are you going to do?
- do original research in the field of 2D tensor networks applied to strongly correlated systems;
- play an active role in the group (including collaboration with other group members and co-supervision of students);
- participate in the CMT group activities (such as seminars, discussions, journal clubs, etc.)
What do we require?
As our successful candidate you should have:
- a PhD in Theoretical Physics, preferably in Condensed Matter Theory;
- strong expertise in strongly correlated systems and computational methods (ideally tensor network methods);
- solid programming skills;
- the ability to work independently and to collaborate in a collegial research environment;
- excellent written and oral English communication skills.
A temporary contract for 38 hours a week, preferably starting on 1 September 2021 for the duration of 24 months.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,790 to €4,402 (scale 10) gross per month, based on a full-time contract of 38 hours a week. This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature