The Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API) has a new postdoctoral position to strengthen astroparticle physics in the Netherlands. The position is …
Postdoctoral researcher in cross-cultural neuroimaging of cannabis dependence
The Department of Psychology, part of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG), has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral researcher in cross-cultural …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
The personal and societal burden associated with cannabis use disorders (CUDs) is in sharp contrast with our limited knowledge of the underlying mechanisms. Moreover, there is growing worldwide concern surrounding the impact of changes in cannabis legalization on CUDs. The goal of this longitudinal neuroimaging study is to identify reliable neurobiological mechanisms in two independent cohorts of individuals with CUD, and test whether cannabis culture moderates these brain-behavior associations. This project will be a team effort, conducted in close collaboration with the University of Texas Dallas. Together with a PhD student, you will be primary responsible for conducting and managing the fMRI study in Amsterdam, maintaining close contact with the Dallas site. You will have the opportunity to supervise (PhD) students, work with existing neuroimaging data sets and perform different kind of (multimodal) fMRI analysis. Besides research related activity, you will also be involved in teaching, including supervision of student research projects and assistance in addition/neuroscience related courses.
- A PhD in psychology or a related field such as cognitive neuroscience, psychobiology, or biomedical science;
- neuroimaging experience;
- a strong interest in the neuroscience of addiction and cannabis;
- affinity with teaching;
- strong analytical and statistical skills;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- good project management skills;
- excellent social skills and team spirit;
- experience with programming (e.g., R, Matlab, Python, Presentation).
The position starts as soon as possible, and is initially till January 2019, with possible extensions of the contract to a total of three years depending on satisfactory performance. The gross monthly salary will be between €3,475 to €4,757 (scale 11) depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The UvA also knows a 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of- year allowance. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information you may contact:
Are you interested? You may send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 July 2018. Please quote vacancy number 18-333 in the subject line of your email and include, in one assembled pdf file, the following documents:
- a letter of interest that addresses qualifications;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- the names and contact details of two scientists who are willing to provide references.