Postdoctoral researcher in Quantum Cryptography
Are you a high potential young researcher who recently obtained a PhD degree in Quantum Information Science? And are you ready to join QuSoft, a world-leading …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
Are you a high potential young researcher who recently obtained a PhD degree in Quantum Information Science? And are you ready to join QuSoft, a world-leading research center on quantum software in Amsterdam?
This postdoc position is part of the VIDI project 'Cryptography in the Quantum Age'. The successful applicant will join the group of Christian Schaffner. The aim of the project is to develop new quantum-cryptographic protocols (dealing with quantum data and computational assumptions) and explore their limitations. Another aspect is to investigate the security of classical cryptographic schemes against quantum adversaries (post-quantum cryptography).
What are you going to do?
You will be expected to fulfil the following tasks:
- conduct research in quantum cryptography within the scope of the project;
- present and publish research findings together with team members in proceedings and journals, and at international workshops and conferences;
- assist in guiding PhD and MSc students working on topics in quantum cryptography.
While this is primarily a research position, you will have the opportunity to contribute to teaching activities.
What do we require?
- hold or be about to obtain a PhD degree in computer science, mathematics or physics;
- have a proven track record of excellence in cryptography and/or quantum information, as witnessed by a strong publication list in relevant first-tier conference proceedings or journals;
- in-depth knowledge of one of the following fields is a plus: continuous variables, quantum security notions, delegated quantum computation, post-quantum security;
- have strong passion for research, a drive to publish and the wish to learn new skills through working with or assisting in guiding PhD and MSc students;
- have good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Your appointment is full-time (38 hours per week) on a temporary basis for one year. Subsequently an employment contract as a postdoctoral researcher for one year at CWI may be possible, depending on the assessment of your performance and available funding.
Your full-time gross monthly salary is between €2,709 and €4,274 gross per month, depending on your experience (salary scale 10). Your annual salary will be supplemented with 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities applies.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look at our website.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or would you like to know more about our organisation? Please contact: