Professor in Clinical Cariology
The Cariology section of the ACTA, the collaboration of the Faculties of Dentistry at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam …
- Gustav Mahlerlaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 5582 - € 8127 per maand
The Cariology section of the ACTA, the collaboration of the Faculties of Dentistry at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam (UvA), is looking to recruit a Professor in Clinical Cariology.
Dental caries is the most common non-communicable disease (NCD) and it is currently seen as a preventable disease that affects a majority of people during their lives. Caries prevention is based largely on achieving good oral hygiene, using fluoridated toothpaste and pursuing a healthy lifestyle. A great deal has been achieved in the Netherlands with this approach. Nevertheless, caries continues to be the most common chronic disease in children aged 6 to 11 and adolescents aged 12 to 19. A lot of research will need to be done to prevent the disease, among other things to gain a comprehensive and more detailed understanding of the aetiology of the disease.
ACTA, the Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, is best placed to make a difference in research on and the fight against the multifactorial condition of caries. For example, ACTA does innovative research on the influence of saliva on the oral microbiome in relation to caries, periodontitis and a wide range of clinical problems in the oral and perioral area, whether or not related to medical problems.
For the field of Cariology, research on the aetiology and pathogenesis of caries and erosion, caries management and treatment, we are looking to recruit a clinical professor who, as a dental scientist, can strengthen the link between ACTA’s scientists engaged in basic and applied research in Cariology and in this way make a major contribution to our Cariology research and the translation of that research into patient care and teaching. The professor will also cooperate with academics in nutritional sciences, education, sociology, etc., as well as working together with policy makers to make healthy behaviour the easy choice. In addition, the professor will apply new insights by developing clinical guidelines, improve patient care by establishing a Cariology clinic, and carry out teaching within ACTA’s educational programmes.
- a PhD in Dentistry and extensive research experience, as evidenced by scientific publications, grants and/or other types of scientific recognition;
- substantial expertise in the area of Cariology, with a strong interest in the clinical aspects of Cariology;
- experience in supervising scientific research and provide motivation and inspiration in that role;
- the ability to build a broad network incorporating adjoining academic disciplines that are relevant to Cariology (e.g. nutritional sciences, teaching, sociology);
- in a position to obtain national and international grants and enter into partnerships;
- an affinity for and experience with providing and coordinating education, and supervising Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD students;
- teaching and interpersonal skills;
- happy to take on management tasks;
- a leading role when the situation requires it;
- BIG registration (registration under the Dutch Individual Health Care Professions Act) or you are in a position to obtain this registration within two years.
We offer a challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,582 (H2) and a maximum of €8,127 (H2), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 fte. The initial employment contract will affect a period of 5 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, ACTA offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment;
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- solid pension scheme (ABP);
- contribution to commuting expenses.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
- prof.dr. W. Crielaard, chairman
For more information please go to www.acta.nl
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature