1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Research Assistant for a project on the Psychology of Science Scepticism
Are you interested in doing research in the domain of social psychology, with emphasis on the psychology of belief systems and worldviews? Do you have strong …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 19 uur
- € 2390 - € 2390 per maand
Are you interested in doing research in the domain of social psychology, with emphasis on the psychology of belief systems and worldviews? Do you have strong project management skills that you would like to apply to a project on the psychology of science scepticism? We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for a two-year research assistantship (2,5 days a week) to help set-up and support a research project funded by an ERC grant awarded to Dr Bastiaan Rutjens. Within the project, you will support and work with the core project team, which consists of Bastiaan Rutjens, a postdoctoral researcher and two PhD students.
The project will be conducted within the Social Psychology programme group at the University of Amsterdam. Within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the discipline of Psychology offers a range of Bachelor's and Master’s degree programmes, while its research is carried out at the Psychology Research Institute (Psyres).
We are looking for a Research Assistant to carry out tasks involved in a project on the psychology of science scepticism. Some of the tasks that you will carry out are:
- programming surveys and studies;
- help setting up the project infrastructure;
- (quantitative) data analysis;
- data management & project documentation;
- being actively involved in the project and providing input at lab meetings.
The succesful applicant will work with Dr Bastiaan Rutjens, who is based at the Department of Psychology of the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, which is ranked 16th in the QS World University Rankings. The University of Amsterdam has access to state-of-the-art research facilities (Psychology labs / Spinoza center) to implement and coordinate the proposed research.
- Master’s degree (preferably obtained in a research master programme) in (Social) Psychology or an equivalent programme;
- affinity with research and a demonstrable interest in the topic of the project;
- relevant programming and statistical skills;
- committed and able to work 19 hours per week on this project (in Amsterdam);
- excellent English proficiency and preferably fluent in Dutch.
The appointment is for two years on a 50% basis. Based on a full-time appointment the gross monthly salary will be €2,390 in the first year (scale 6 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities).
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)? Then please visit our website.