Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Research assistant in the research project entitled COMCRIM
The Criminal Law section of the Faculty of Law (FDR) of the University of Amsterdam is looking for a candidate for the position of research assistant in the …
- Nieuwe Achtergracht, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 38 uur
- € 2052 - € 2853 per maand
The Criminal Law section of the Faculty of Law (FDR) of the University of Amsterdam is looking for a candidate for the position of research assistant in the research project COMCRIM.
Are you interested in conducting research that does not only cross borders but is also interdisciplinary in nature (e.g. digitization and criminal, with the aid of artificial intelligence)? Are you looking for new ways to prevent and address complex crimes like human trafficking, money laundering and corruption? Would you like to explore solutions in this regard through an innovative mix of financial investigations, data-led investigations and the use of new technologies like open source investigations? And would you like to combine all of these aspects with an aim to tackle these complex crimes holistically, so as to not only protect more victims but also improve evidence and sustain damages claims and confiscate illegal proceeds? If so, then you will like this position of research assistant in the research project entitled COMCRIM.
What are you going to do?
You will give assistance with:
- supervised research into the impact of both digitization and globalization on at least the three crimes of human trafficking, money laundering and corruption;
- supervised research in a public-private partnership;
- management of the large research consortium consisting of 4 banks, 4 scholars and 9 public agencies;
- (finalizing) academic publications.
The ideal candidate:
- is a (recently) graduated lawyer, criminologist, social scientist or scholar with a comparably relevant (interdisciplinary) background who also has substantiated affinity with conducting research into the impact of both digitization and globalization on at least the three crimes of human trafficking, money laundering and corruption;
- has affinity or even proven experience with interdisciplinary research, i.e. interest in combining qualitative research methods like focus groups, interviews and survey with legal research, as well as affinity with criminal law (of added value is experience with financial crimes);
- has affinity or even proven experience with research into regulation and empirical consequences of the use of artificial intelligence in criminal law;
- has good grades;
- is available at least three months part-time;
- is entrepreneurial, as evidenced through ability to ensure research funding;
- is independent and meticulous;
- is flexible, full of initiative and enthousiastic.
Hoewel de vacature in het Engels is opgesteld worden ook Nederlandstalige kandidaten nadrukkelijk uitgenodigd om te solliciteren. De Nederlandstalige vacaturetekst is op te vragen bij Publiekrechtfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Although the vacancy is in English, Dutch-speaking candidates are also expressly invited to apply. The Dutch-language vacancy text can be requested at Publiekrechtemail@example.com.
We offer a varied and challenging job in an ambitious organization. The employment contract is in principle for a period of three months with the possibility of extension by satisfactory performance. Working hours can be determined in consultation. The UFO-profile Research assistant 5 applies to this position. The salary amounts to a minimum of €2,052 and a maximum of €2,853 (scale 6) gross per month full-time equivalent (38 hours). The UvA also offers an extensive package of fringe benefits, including 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information please contact:
mrs. dr J. (Jill) E.B. Coster van Voorhout
T: +31 (0)20 525 3935