Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Research assistant Quantum Materials at the van der Waals-Zeeman Institute
We are reinforcing our research support at the Van der Waals - Zeeman Institute for Experimental Physics (IoP-WZI) and are currently looking for a …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
We are reinforcing our research support at the Van der Waals - Zeeman Institute for Experimental Physics (IoP-WZI) and are currently looking for a suitable research assistant to support our QMat team.
This position is an important part of our strategy for maintaining the excellent quality of our research by providing continuity and expertise at a high level.
You should have demonstrable experience with single crystal growth, preferably with quantum materials. A key aspect will be to provide hands-on support in the lab to research being carried out by MSc students, PhD- and postdoctoral-researchers in the QMat cluster. You will support our crystal growth facilities, as well as aid group members and students with low temperature transport and spectroscopy experiments. Beyond these specialist skills, you will gain experience and expertise with a broad range of available research equipment and also be co-responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all users of the labs.
Other components where you can play a role or where you can expand your skillset are:
- liaising with the faculty’s machine- and electronics- workshops, but also with the NanoLab Amsterdam cleanroom facility situated in the neighboring NWO institute, AMOLF;
- be able to act as advisor and expert consultant in areas such as laser systems, materials preparation & characterization and ultra-high vacuum technology;
- be responsible for and coordinate the use of research infrastructure that is shared between the lab’s research clusters.
Furthermore, you enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with our diverse community of students and early-career researchers, as well as participating in outreach activities such as open days. You feel at home in scientific group meetings and seminars and will equally enjoy acting as effective sparring partner, supporting young researchers with creative advice and hands-on support in their experiments.
We are looking for you if you have:
- a Master’s degree or higher;
- a passion for physics, technology and science;
- the ability to quickly process and apply new knowledge and approaches in practice;
- a pro-active personality and a true troubleshooter mentality;
- demonstrable experience with crystal growth and possibly solid-state spectroscopy, low temperature and/or optical physics.
Knowledge and experience of automation and laboratory management is an advantage.
Science is international, and so is the IoP-WZI. Therefore, excellent command of English is a must, and if necessary, we will facilitate your learning of Dutch.
You will start on a one-year contract, with the possibility of transition to a permanent appointment at the end of this period.
Depending on experience, the gross monthly salary will range from €2,709 to €4,274 (university pay scales 9 or 10). For an exceptionally experienced candidate, appointment in salary scale 11 is negotiable. The salary is supplemented with an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities applies
For more information do not hesitate to contact via e-mail: