Scientific Programmer GPU Specialist
Are you looking for a challenging job that gives ample room and opportunities to grow? When someone talks about CUDA, OpenCL, HIP, SYCL, GLSL, or HLSL, you …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2710 - € 4093 per maand
Are you looking for a challenging job that gives ample room and opportunities to grow? When someone talks about CUDA, OpenCL, HIP, SYCL, GLSL, or HLSL, you know what the person is talking about AND you have an opinion why it should or should not be used?
If this feels like you then read on!
We are developing high-performance simulations using the latest hardware (both GPUs and CPUs) and the most advanced technologies for large-scale execution in HPC centres. We primarily apply these to solve health care related questions within the domain of Computational Biomedicine, and due to the growing demand in computational performance we are porting some of our flagship codes from CPU to hybrid CPU-GPU execution.
What are you going to do?
We seek a scientific programmer for our team to work on executing advanced simulations (e.g., HemoCell) on high-end massively parallel computing systems, evaluate the performance, and port the performance-critical sections to GPU. You will work together with a team of researchers and will regularly consult expert engineers from various HPC centres around Europe (e.g., from Snellius, Netherlands; LRZ, Germany; Archer2, UK).
- Port C++ CPU code to GPU (primarily CUDA);
- oversee the git repository of the code;
- proactively suggest ideas and possible solutions;
- write documentation;
- extend the continuous integration tests;
- support the researchers in deploying the code.
What do we require of you?
Your experience and profile:
- MSc. level education in computer science, computational science, or related field;
- solid knowledge of git, C++, CUDA, Python;
- at least some familiarity with: MPI, HPC Scheduling systems (e.g., slurm), CI/CD;
- onterest and motivation to read, process, and understand scientific documents as necessary to develop state-of-the-art solutions.
Knowledge on the followings is considered an advantage: Container technologies (e.g., Docker, Singularity), numerical methods and algorithms, other GPU programming modalities (e.g., HIP), unit tests.
We offer a temporary full-time contract for the period of two years. Preferred starting date is 1 February 2022. There is a possibility to extend the contract, depending on the availability of funding and if we assess your performance positive.
The gross monthly salary based on full-time employment (38 hours per week) ranges from €2,710 up to a maximum of €4,093 (salary scale 9). This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus.
The starting salary will be based on qualifications, expertise and relevant experience.
A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The profile ICT developer 4 is applicable in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
What else do we offer:
- a very friendly, interactive and international working environment;
- new building located near the city center (20 minutes by bicycle) of one of Europe’s most beautiful and lively cities;
- access to high-end computing facilities (e.g. clusters with 750,000+ cores).
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact: