Six lecturers Information Sciences
The Graduate School of Informatics at the Faculty of Science constitutes of 7 Master’s programs: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Computational …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The Graduate School of Informatics at the Faculty of Science constitutes of 7 Master’s programs: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Computational Science, Logic, Software Engineering, Security & Network Engineering, and Information Studies. We are looking for six lecturers who can help in the organisation of these programs, with a special focus on our MSc Artificial Intelligence (a two-year program) and MSc Information Studies (a one-year program).
As a lecturer, you will help in the preparation and organization of seminars, computer labs, and projects for a range of courses in our programs. This will be done in consultation with the course coordinators who are responsible for the theoretical and didactic implementation of a course. The emphasis of the lecturer positions is on supporting the practical aspects of the education within our MSc programs.
The duties of a lecturer consist of:
- developing, preparing and adapting course material for project and practical groups;
- coaching and instructing teachings assistants;
- supervision of project and practical groups;
- provision of feedback for weekly assignments;
- giving lectures (dependent on qualifications);
- support of the master thesis process (organisation as well as supervision of academic processes);
- organisation of extracurricular activities, such as ad-hoc workshops.
As a lecturer in the Information Sciences, you have:
- a Master of Science degree (or PhD degree) in computer science, artificial intelligence, information science, or a related discipline;
- good didactical and organisational skills;
- a fluency in oral and written English;
- a proactive and flexible attitude;
- the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Moreover, we ask a lecturer to be prepared to follow a training program on educational skills. Here, obtaining a University Teaching Qualification (in Dutch: BKO) is a possibility.
The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of 12 months. Upon adequate functioning, the appointment may be prolonged to a period of four years. Prolongation is also dependent on organisational and student influx developments.
The gross monthly salary is in accordance with the university regulations for academic personnel, and will range from €2,709 up to a maximum of €4,274 based on a full time appointment (38 hours per week) and will be determined based on prior experience.
Furthermore, there is an 8% holiday allowance and a 8,3% end-of-the-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable. For international candidates, you need to be eligible to work in The Netherlands.
For more information you may contact:
- mrs Anja Ruhland MSc, coordinator academic skills
- dr Andy Pimentel, director of the Graduate School of Informatics
Are you interested?
Applications may only be submitted online by clicking this link.
Your application must include a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation. Please combine these documents in one single attachment and also mention the months (not just years) in your CV when referring to your education and work experience.
To enable us to process your application immediately, please quote vacancy number 19-116 and the position you are applying for.