Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Human Computer Interaction
The Informatics Institute (IvI) is seeking a tenure track assistant professor in the area of Human Computer Interaction: we particularly welcome candidates …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Informatics Institute (IvI) is seeking a tenure track assistant professor in the area of Human Computer Interaction: we particularly welcome candidates who are motivated by investigating how emerging technologies can enhance people’s lives in meaningful ways.
You will be joining the newly formed Digital Interactions Lab. Research in the lab focusses on how best to enable and empower people through the design of innovative and inclusive digital technologies. The technologies are developed using user-centred, participatory methodologies, and include virtual and augmented reality as well as mobile, tangible and sensor-based applications.
Please note that this is one of two assistant professor positions being advertised for the Digital Interactions lab: the other post is more teaching oriented, and involves approximately 50% teaching time. You may apply for one or both posts.
What are you going to do?
You are expected to:
- contribute to the development of the lab’s research profile by carrying out cutting-edge research in human computer interaction;
- publish research results in international, peer-reviewed publications;
- acquire external funds for research projects from sources such as the national funding agency NWO, EU funding via Horizon Europe and other relevant organisations;
- supervise student research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- teach courses within the bachelor and masters programs information science (teaching is approximately 30% of the position’s total time);
- engage in outreach activities.
What do we require of you?
- A PhD in a relevant discipline (Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or related field);
- a strong publication record as evidenced by international peer reviewed publications;
- a proven ability to obtain research funding;
- excellent teaching skills as well as the ability to supervise students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- excellent command of written and spoken English;
- the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ/BKO), or willingness to acquire this within the first two years;
- previous experience of interdisciplinary research and collaborations;
- the willingness to learn Dutch.
We offer a temporary appointment for 38 hours per week of 6 years with a tenure track agreement of 5 years, preferably starting on 1 September 2021. You will be offered a permanent position after a positive assessment and evaluation.
The type of contract is negotiable and depends on experience and scientific profile of the selected candidate. A tenure track is an option, as is a faculty position after positive evaluations. The committee will make an offer pending your preferences and your experience and track record.
The full-time gross monthly salary of the assistant professor position (UD 2/UD 1) will range from €3,746 to €5,826, depending on qualifications and on the number of years of professional experience. Other gross per month, based on a fulltime contract (38 hours a week), exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: