Tenure track assistant professor Programmable Networks
The MultiScale Networked Systems (MNS) group is looking for an assistant professor in a tenure track position on the subject of ‘Secure Programmable …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The MultiScale Networked Systems (MNS) group is looking for an assistant professor in a tenure track position on the subject of ‘Secure Programmable Networks’. In regard to programmable networks, we contribute to a number of emerging national efforts such as the 2STiC program and international efforts such as Fed4FIREPlus and GEANT. This position will enhance and strenghten these collaborations.
What are you going to do?
Network programmability and network virtualisation are becoming mainstream methodologies to support novel network services. Our group has an established international track record in this area and we are looking to expand and strengthen this research pillar, in particular in relation to security and transparency of communication.
We expect you to address the problem of creation of network infrastructures that provide more control to end users. We envision that you will develop methods that allow to specify the network services desired by applications, while providing verification handles and sufficient performance. You should be able to either adapt and evolve existing architectures or devise new methods that provide the desired level of security and transparency. To do this you need to have a strong understanding of network operations, at all protocols levels.
Furthermore, you are expected to participate in education for bachelor and master students within the computer science programmes, in particular in support network related courses. The total teaching load will be around 30%.
The candidate should have a degree in Computer Science, be at the postdoc level, fluently speak and write English. International research experience is preferred as well as a highly collaborative and enthusiastic approach.
Specifically, we are interested in people with:
- expertise in networking, in particular programmable networks, proven by a solid publication record in this area;
- excellent research skills, evidenced by a track record of publications in renowned international conferences and journals, and contributed and/or invited talks at international conferences/workshops;
- proven ability to attract external funding and experience in the process of proposal writing;
- teaching experience at university level and demonstrable didactic abilities;
- preferably experience with the (co-)supervision of BSc, MSc and/or PhD students;
- management skills required for general academic administration, organisation and coordination tasks;
- excellent communication skills;
- an excellent command of English and willingness to learn the Dutch language.
We offer you a tenure-track agreement for five years (which is part of a six-year temporary appointment). At the start, we will draw up an agreement with you, specifying the tenure-track requirements for research, teaching and management tasks that need to be fulfilled in order to assess progress after three years and after five years. The requirements in this agreement are negotiable and depend on your experience and scientific profile. Following a positive assessment after five years the appointment will become permanent.
The starting salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience and qualifications. It will range from a minimum of €3,637 (scale 10) to a maximum of €5,656 (scale 12) gross per month, based on fulltime (38 hours a week), exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 % end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or would you like to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
Dr Paola Grosso Associate professor
T: +31 (0)20 525 7533