Tenure Track faculty position in Exoplanets
A tenure-track position in Exoplanets is available at the Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA). We are looking …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
A tenure-track position in Exoplanets is available at the Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA). We are looking for a candidate with an exceptionally strong research program in the areas of extrasolar planets, exoplanet host stars, planetary formation and evolution. Experts in observations, theory/simulation, and instrumentations are encouraged to apply.
We particularly encourage applications from prospective faculty who can enhance the diversity of backgrounds and ideas in our group. The API Department is committed to diversity in all its forms, and is committed to be inclusive. We particularly encourage applications from prospective faculty who can enhance the diversity of backgrounds and ideas in our group.
What are you going to do?
You are expected:
- to be active in the fundamental and/or applied research of our Origins group, publishing in high level international journals;
- to present your work at leading conferences;
- willing to build up a research group of internationally outstanding level;
- to be active in the attraction of external funding;
- to supervise students, including BSc, MSc and PhD as well as postdocs;
- to teach Astronomy related coursed at the BSc and MSc levels;
- to actively contribute to departmental duties.
What do we require?
- A PhD in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Physics, or planetary science;
- an affinity with the fields of astronomy and exoplanets;
- the ability and willingness to teach and conduct research;
- demonstrable willingness to perform administrative, organizational tasks, and to build up a research group of internationally outstanding level.
The initial appointment will be for a period of six years. Based on performance indicators agreed on at the start of the appointment, a tenure track position will lead to a tenured position in a period of maximally 5 years. In the fifth year of the appointment the tenure decision will be taken.
The starting salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience and qualifications. It will range from a minimum €3,746 to €5,127 (scale 11) gross per month (salary scale) based on full-time employment.
This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- Dr Jean-Michel Désert, Associate professor