Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Tenure track position in Mathematical Statistics
The Statistics group of the Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) invites you to apply for a full-time …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 5513 per maand
The Statistics group of the Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) invites you to apply for a full-time position in Mathematical Statistics, at the level of assistant (UD) or associate professor (UHD).
At the KdVI Statistics group we do research on a variety of topics in statistics. This ranges from theoretical work on the performance and design of procedures in high-dimensional, or nonparametric models, to more applied work in areas such as Forensic Statistics or Climate Science. Moreover, we are part of the larger Stochastics group, which also covers topics such as probability theory, stochastic analysis, mathematical Finance and queuing theory. As our new group member you are expected to carry out research in one of the current central areas in statistics and to be interested in the recent developments and connections to data science and machine learning. Possible topics that would fit in the group include the analysis of complex, high-dimensional models, Bayesian nonparametrics, statistical methods for stochastic processes, or statistical learning.
The KdVI Statistics group is headed by Prof. Harry van Zanten and currently consists of two more full-time senior staff members, a part-time professor by special appointment and a number of postdocs and PhD students.
Many important activities in mathematical statistics are organised on a national level in The Netherlands. We are actively involved in these national efforts, for instance through the national research cluster STAR, one of the four mathematics clusters funded by the national science foundation NWO, and the national Van Dantzig seminar series. We also contribute to the national programme Mastermath by offering courses on statistics on a master / PhD level.
You are expected:
- to be active in the fundamental and/or applied research of our Statistics group, publishing in high level international journals, presenting at leading conferences and supervising PhD students;
- to take part in the teaching effort of the group, including supervision of bachelor and master students, teaching for other departments, and teaching in the national master programme;
- to be active in the attraction of external funding;
- to be open to collaborations with other institutes and/or companies by contributing statistical expertise to (joint) research projects.
We will base our selection on your scientific track record and on your vision for future research, as well as on your teaching achievement, qualifications, and vision for future teaching.
What do we require of you?
- A PhD in Mathematics, Statistics or a closely related field;
- a strong scientific expertise in statistics, reflected among others by publications in respectable international journals;
- a demonstrated dedication to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- the willingness to be active in the attraction of external funding;
- the willingness to contribute to valorisation efforts and to foster collaborations with other academic institutes and industry;
- to display the ability and capacity to develop independent and vigorous programmes of funded research;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The starting date of the appointment is flexible but should be no later than 1 September 2019.
The details will depend on the seniority of the hire; start-dates are negotiable. If the hire is at tenure track assistant professor level, we are happy to provide details of the assessment pathway. For a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) at tenure track level, the gross monthly starting salary ranges from €3,545 to €5,513 (salary scales 11-12), depending on experience and qualifications.
At any appointment level the total salary includes an additional 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus, as usual under the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (Cao). A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
For more information about the position, please contact:
You may send in your application no later than 31 January 2019 using this link. Please upload the following information in a single PDF file:
- a cover letter and a statement summarizing your motivation (max 1 page);
- your previous research accomplishments and your future research goals (max 2 pages);
- your teaching statement (max 2 pages);
- a curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications, a list of your best five papers;
- a list of your grants and scholarships;
- the names and contact coordinates (email and telephone numbers) of three references.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature