2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Venlo
Tutoring assistant Amsterdam Law School
The University of Amsterdam’s Law School has a position for a Tutoring assistant. The position is to assist with the Advanced Master Programme International …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2579 - € 3445 per maand
The University of Amsterdam’s Law School has a position for a Tutoring assistant. The position is to assist with the Advanced Master Programme International Tax Law: Principles, policy and Practice. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to carry out his/her own research and to write for publication.
The duties in respect of the Advanced Master Programme are as follows:
- providing tutorial assistance to students as required, privately or in small groups;
- creating the readers for all modules in the programme;
- assisting module coordinators with preparation of reading lists, case studies etc. and the completion and maintenance of the Canvas website for their modules;
- assisting students in exploring possible thesis topics;
- assisting with the organisation of, and leading, events in the social programme;
- assisting the students with minor enquires at the IBFD about practical issues;
- registering students for conferences organised by the IBFD and the ACTL;
- helping the UvA assistant with enquiries from prospective students;
- other administrative and logistic tasks necessary for the smooth running of the LL.M. programme.
During the first six months of each academic year the duties in respect of the Advanced Master Programme will predominate. During the remaining months there will be some duties in respect of the Advanced Master Programme, but the successful candidate will be able to focus primarily on his/her research and writing.
This position is open, in the first instance, to alumni of the UvA advanced master programme International Tax law: Principles, Policy and Practice. If no suitable alumni apply, consideration will be given to applicants who have completed a master programme in international tax law at another university.
Further requirements are:
- the ability to work independently;
- a social character and openness towards the students;
- the ability to carry out independent research into international tax law and write articles of a publishable quality.
This position is full-time. The appointment will initially be made for a period of one year, starting on 1 August 2019, with the intention to renew the appointment. The gross monthly salary will range from €2.579 to €3.445 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (Cao) is applicable.
For further information, please contact:
- Dr Joanna Wheeler, programme director
Are you interested? You may send a letter of interest that addresses your qualifications for this functions and your Curriculum Vitae to the Selection committee using this link. Please quote vacancy number 19-180 in the subject line and include the mentioned documents in one assembled pdf file.