Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
2 Assistant Professors (Tenure Track) 0.8 - 1.0 fte, 5 years
The department’s research program centers on Social Decision Making: Department members seek to understand how social, economic and organizational settings shape individual and interdependent decisions. The department also offers courses in the Dutch Bachelor ...
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
The department’s research program centers on Social Decision Making: Department members seek to understand how social, economic and organizational settings shape individual and interdependent decisions. The department also offers courses in the Dutch Bachelor of Psychology degree program, the International Bachelor of Psychology, the Masters’ degree in Social Psychology, and the research Masters degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences. These include specific majors in Social Psychology, Economic Psychology, and Work & Organizational Psychology.
Successful candidates will have affinity with basic or applied research (field and/or lab) that advances social decision making in either social, economic or organizational context. We are searching for candidates, who are interested in topics such as belonging, financial decision-making, social dilemmas, negotiation, emotions, deception, trust, intimate relationships, psychophysiology, bullying, job crafting, leadership, morality, team performance or any other topic that will advance insights on social decision making. Our ideal candidate will contribute to the department’s collaborative atmosphere and seeks to sustain our share commitment to provide an excellent education for our students.
- Research (ca 50%): we expect you to conduct and publish research, write grant proposals, seek connections to stakeholders in the field, valorize findings, and share our commitment to produce solid and transparent research.
- Teaching (ca 50%): we expect you to supervise students at BSc and MSc level, teach a variety of (Most courses use English language, some bachelor courses require proficiency in Dutch language) courses at both the Bachelors’ and Masters’ level, including the two-year Research Master program, obtain a basic teaching qualification (BKO).
- Service: we expect you to contribute to academic citizenship (e.g., regular office hours, participate in weekly lab meetings, colloquia) and management (e.g., member of education committee, lab coordinator, member of ethical committee, etc.).
To further strengthen our teaching and research profile, we seek applicants who
(1) recently completed a PhD in social, economic or organizational psychology,
(2) are willing to teach all subject areas offered by the department,
(3) ideally take an experimental approach (field/lab) to understand social decision making,
(4) ideally have experience with valorizing research (e.g, community service, collaboration with stakeholders in the field, contributions to policy, etc.) findings and/or a good CV to apply for personal grants (e.g, Veni-grant, ERC-starting grant).
Tilburg University is rated among the top Dutch employers, offering excellent terms of employment. For the tenure track position there is a 5 years fixed term contract with the possibility of tenure thereafter. Start date: May 2018 - September 2018. The full-time gross salary ranges between € 3,475.- and € 4,757.- per month (not including various allowances). Employees from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. Tilburg University is an equal opportunity employer.
Specific information about the vacancy can be directed to Dr. Ilja van Beest, (professor of social psychology, Head of Department, tel. +31134662472, email@example.com) http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/socialsciences/organization/departments/social-psychology.htm
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB) is a modern, specialized university. The teaching and research of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences are organized around the themes of Health, Organization, and Relations between State, Citizen, and Society. The Schools inspiring working environment challenges its workers to realize their ambitions; involvement and cooperation are essential to achieve this.
Department of Social Psychology
The Department of Social Psychology at Tilburg University (the Netherlands) is a vibrant group comprised of Social, Economic and Organizational psychologists. Our department fosters an intellectually stimulating and productive environment, advancing knowledge on social decision making and contributing to the effective practices of organizations and society. The department makes use of diverse and state-of–the-art research facilities (multi-use lab spaces, on-line data collection, mobile computing, psychophysiological and neurocognitive equipment, big data) in addition to a dedicated research support staff (lab assistants, programming and technical support).