Assistant / Associate professor in Communication Science (Track to tenure) 1,0 FTE
The Department of Communication and Cognition in the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences is looking for an enthusiastic new colleague for a tenured position in Communication Science. The successful candidate will strengthen our Business Communication and Digital Media (BDM) teaching track and is expected to initiate and conduct research in the Tilburg Center for Cognition and Communication (TiCC).
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 6317 per maand
The position can be filled at either the level of an Assistant Professor (UD) or an Associate Professor (UHD), depending on track record and experience.
Researchers in our group explore cognitive and social aspects of human communication through a multidisciplinary approach, combining careful experimentation with survey methods, corpus analyses and computational modelling. Core research domains include (in alphabetical order) communication and technology, cross-cultural communication, health communication, information visualization, language production, new media design, persuasive communication, social media research, strategic communication and non-verbal communication. Candidates are expected to develop new lines of research fitting within TiCC.
Moreover, the successful candidate contributes to one of the leading programs in the Netherlands in Communication and Information Sciences (CIS). Annually, the CIS program attracts approximately 130 new bachelor students, 300 new premaster students, and 250 new master students. The candidate will participate primarily in the BDM track of CIS, contributing to one or more of the courses listed here, and supervising bachelor and master theses.
The successful candidate has:
- a PhD in a relevant discipline, such as communication science, communication and information science, media studies, business communication, or another relevant discipline;
- published in international journals or proceedings;
- excellent methodological and statistical skills (computational skills like programming and data processing are considered an advantage);
- acquired (or is willing to acquire) the University Teaching Qualification;
- the ability to communicate in English fluently and is able (or willing to learn) to communicate in Dutch.
Candidates who want to apply to a position as associate professor additionally have:
- experience in mentoring junior colleagues and supervising PhD candidates;
- experience in writing substantial grant proposals;
- experience with academic management and are willing to take up such tasks in the department.
The position will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as assistant professor (“universitair docent”) or associate professor (“universitair hoofddocent”). The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 3746,- up to (maximally) € 6317,- gross per month. The successful candidate receives a tenure track position of four years, which is turned into a permanent position when our tenure requirements are met (these are available upon request).
Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment, such as a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (annually), an options model and reimbursement of moving expenses. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation. The collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities applies.
For more information on this position, please contact prof. dr. Emiel Krahmer, Head of Department (E.J.Krahmer@tilburguniversity.edu).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature