Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor position in Artificial Intelligence (1,0 fte)
The Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, is looking for an enthusiastic …
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
The Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, is looking for an enthusiastic colleague for the position of Assistant Professor in the field of Artificial Intelligence. The candidate is expected to contribute to the teaching and research track ‘Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence’. Topics range from, but are not limited to, research and development in natural language technologies, brain-computer interaction, multi-agent systems and robotics, serious games, and virtual and mixed reality. The Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence track emphasizes innovative cutting-edge research in those areas of cognitive science that bring together cognitive theories and computational methodologies. The track is closely related to the university-wide data science Master program Data Science: Business & Governance, as well as to the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) in Den Bosch. Faculty members in the Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence department have access to a computer cluster with GPU computing capability, experimental lab facilities, as well as robotics, virtual reality and sensing technologies.
The position calls for an ambitious scientist with experience in both teaching and research. The successful candidate
- has a PhD and a publication record in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or a relevant discipline, with expertise in research areas such as data analytics, language technologies, robotics and avatars, gamification and serious games, brain-computer interaction, human-robot interaction, and virtual, mixed and augmented reality;
- has a strong record in developing and teaching Bachelor and (Research) Master courses, and experience with supervising Bachelor and Master’s theses;
- has the ability to acquire external funding for research;
- has the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- has the ability to communicate fluently in English;
- has acquired or is willing to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ).
The position will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as assistant professor (“universitair docent”). The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 3.475,- in scale 11 up to (maximally) € 4.757,- gross per month per month (max € 66.388,- all in per year). The position is full time, with tasks divided between teaching/management (65%) and research (35%). A part-time position of 80% is negotiable.
The start of the employment is negotiable, preferably as near as possible to August 1, 2018. A successful candidate receives first a contract of 1 year, after a positive evaluation an extension of 1 to 3 years. A permanent position after this period is possible dependent on performance and UTQ and the success of the programs.
Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation. The university offers very good fringe benefits (it is one of the best non-profit employers in the Netherlands), such as a holiday allowance, an options model for terms and conditions of employment and reimbursement of moving expenses.