Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor position in Cognitive Science (1,0 fte)
The Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, is looking for an enthusiastic …
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
The Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, is looking for an enthusiastic colleague for the position of Assistant Professor in the field of Cognitive Science. The candidate is expected to contribute to the teaching and research track ‘Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence’. This track emphasizes interdisciplinary research in the cognitive sciences including human cognition, (psycho)linguistics, anthropology, neuroscience, psychology and artificial intelligence. Topics of research include, but are not limited to, robotics and avatars, serious games, virtual and mixed reality, and language technologies. The Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence track emphasizes innovative cutting-edge research in those areas of cognitive science that bring together psychological and computational theories and methodologies. The track is closely related to the university-wide data science Master program Data Science: Business & Governance, as well as to the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science. Faculty in the Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence track have access to a computer cluster, experimental lab facilities, a robotics lab, as well as the DAF Technology Lab, a virtual and mixed reality lab and its sensing technologies.
The position calls for an ambitious scientist with experience in both teaching and research. The successful candidate
- has a PhD and a publication record in areas relevant to Cognitive Science, with expertise in multiple disciplines on human cognition, anthropology, (psycho)linguistics, neuroscience, psychology, philosophy and artificial intelligence; the ideal candidate has experience in conducting both experimental and theoretical/computational research on one or more relevant topics, such as for example cognitive development, language, speech, memory, learning, cognitive neuroscience, decision making, reasoning, social intelligence, meaning, vision, emotion, attention and (neuro)physiology;
- has a strong record in developing and teaching Bachelor and (Research) Master courses, and experience with supervising Bachelor and Master’s theses;
- has the ability to acquire external funding for research;
- has the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- has the ability to communicate fluently in English;
- has acquired or is willing to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ).
The position will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as assistant professor (“universitair docent”). The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 3.475,- in scale 11 up to (maximally) € 4.757,- gross per month per month (max € 66.388,- all in per year). The position is full time, with tasks divided between teaching/management (65%) and research (35%). A part-time position of 80% is negotiable.
The start of the employment is negotiable, preferably as near as possible to August 1, 2018. A successful candidate receives first a contract of 1 year, after a positive evaluation an extension of 1 to 3 years. A permanent position after this period is possible dependent on performance and UTQ and the success of the programs.
Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation. The university offers very good fringe benefits (it is one of the best non-profit employers in the Netherlands), such as a holiday allowance, an options model for terms and conditions of employment and reimbursement of moving expenses.