PhD on Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques for Converged optical fiber and mm wave communications in 5G networks.
Assistant Professor position in Educational Technology (1,0 fte)
The Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, is looking for an enthusiastic …
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
The Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences, is looking for an enthusiastic colleague for the position of Assistant Professor in the field of Educational Technology. The candidate is expected to initiate and conduct fundamental and applied research in Educational Technology, as well as contribute to teaching in the Bachelor program Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence and the Master’s program Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence. Researchers in the Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence have access to a computer cluster with GPU computing capability, experimental lab facilities, a robotics lab, as well as virtual reality and sensing technologies. The department plays an important role in Mind Labs (www.mind-labs.eu), an initiative which fosters collaborations between knowledge institutions and corporations in the field of interactive technologies and behavior.
The position calls for an ambitious scientist with experience in both teaching and research. The successful candidate
- has a PhD and a publication record in a domain including but not limited to educational technology, learning analytics, human technology interaction, virtual and augmented reality for educational and training purposes, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence;
- has a strong record in developing and teaching Bachelor and (Research) Master courses, and experience with supervising Bachelor and Master’s theses;
- has the ability to acquire external funding for research;
- has the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- has the ability to communicate fluently in English;
- has acquired or is willing to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ).
The position will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as assistant professor (“universitair docent”). The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 3.475,- in scale 11 up to (maximally) € 4.757,- gross per month per month (max € 66.388,- all in per year). The position is full time, with tasks divided between teaching/management (65%) and research (35%). A part-time position of 80% is negotiable.
The start of the employment is negotiable, preferably as near as possible to August 1, 2018. A successful candidate receives first a contract of 1 year, after a positive evaluation an extension of 1 to 3 years. A permanent position after this period is possible dependent on performance and UTQ and the success of the programs.
Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation. The university offers very good fringe benefits (it is one of the best non-profit employers in the Netherlands), such as a holiday allowance, an options model for terms and conditions of employment and reimbursement of moving expenses.