Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
Assistant professor psychology of religion at Tilburg School of Catholic Theology (0.5 FTE)
Teaching Bachelor’s and Master’s courses (in Dutch and in English) in Utrecht and Tilburg;
Doing research in the field of psychology of religion;
Participating in the activities of the Department of ...
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 - 20 uur
- Teaching Bachelor’s and Master’s courses (in Dutch and in English) in Utrecht and Tilburg;
- Doing research in the field of psychology of religion;
- Participating in the activities of the Department of Practical Theology and Religious Studies;
- Participating in the research programme “The Transformation of Religion in Late Modernity: The Case of New Catholicism”;
- Acquiring and developing contract education and contract research, and representing the own discipline in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Representing and stimulating the dissemination of knowledge of the own discipline within the media;
- Leading of and/or taking part in work groups, committees or project teams, both internally and externally, performing administrative duties and implementing management tasks that have been assign
- PhD degree on a subject relevant to this position;
- Demonstrable experience of (and competency in) teaching at an academic level;
- Demonstrable international research experience, evidenced by a doctoral thesis and other peer-reviewed publications,
- Having experience of supervising students who are working on a master thesis;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other colleagues, also in an interdisciplinary context;
- Proficient in Dutch and English, or willing to become so soon;
- Meeting the requirements for the position set out in Sapientia Christiana on behalf of the Catholic Church authorities. (Candidates need to obtain a venia docendi from the Grand Chancellor of the TST).
The position will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as assistant professor (“universitair docent”).
The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 3.475,- in scale 11 up to (maximally) € 4.757,- gross per month. The preferred starting date is 1 September 2018. It is a part time position (0,5 fte). Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a (temporary) tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The university offers very good fringe benefits such as a holiday allowance, an options model for terms and conditions of employment and reimbursement of moving expenses. The salary is supplemented with an annual holiday pay and an end-of-year bonus.
It is required to obtain a BTQ certificate (Basic Teaching Qualification) within 2 years. The required proficiency in Dutch or English should be reached within two years after appointment. The university will facilitate courses for that purpose, if needed. In the case of equal qualities of the candidates, preference will be given to a priest, a woman and/or an active member of the Roman Catholic Church.
For further information regarding this position, please contact prof. dr. Staf Hellemans, head of department Practical Theology and Religious Studies. E-mail: G.A.F.Hellemans@uvt.nl, Phone: +31134662716.
At Tilburg University, the social sciences and humanities have a central position. In its teaching and research, the university actively seeks to engage with society, with citizens and civil society organizations, government and business. ‘Understanding Society’ is our motto. Internationally, Tilburg University has a strong reputation in academic education and research and also plays an important role in the region.
Tilburg School of Catholic Theology (TST) provides academic education and conducts research in theology with a view to passing on the Catholic tradition from its sources to contemporary culture and society. It is open to all who wish to deepen their faith as well as their ability to think critically. The School is located in Utrecht and Tilburg, is recognized by the Holy See, and train students for all functions that require professional knowledge of religion, including ordained ministry, lay functions in pastoral work, chaplaincy and religious education. TST is characterized by short lines of communication and an open atmosphere.