Assistant Professors Artificial Intelligence (Tenure Track) 1,0 fte
Due to the fast growth in numbers of students and the strong increase in research funding opportunities, the Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD) of Tilburg University (TiU), is looking for several enthusiastic new colleagues, whose scientific focus is in line with one or more of the main topics of research at the department.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
The candidates are expected to contribute to the teaching in the bachelor/master program ‘Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence’ and/or the master program ‘Data Science and Society.’ Among the disciplines studied in the department are artificial intelligence, cognitive science, and data science, with a special focus on (but not limited to) machine learning and deep learning, virtual reality, computational cognitive neuroscience, (serious) games, decision making, networking, computational linguistics, and robotics. Besides excellent terms of employment, the department offers its members access to modern research facilities, such as a computer cluster with GPU computing capability, experimental labs, as well as robots, virtual reality facilities, and sensing technologies.
- The position calls for ambitious scientists with experience in both teaching and research. A successful candidate for the positions:
- has a PhD and a publication record in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, or another relevant discipline;
- has a record in developing and teaching bachelor and master courses, and experience with supervising master theses;
- has the ability to acquire external funding for research;
- has the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- has the ability to communicate in English fluently and is able (or willing to learn) to communicate in Dutch;
- has acquired or is willing to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ).
Both junior candidates and senior candidates can apply. If a position is offered, it will be in line with the background and experience of the candidate.
We offer a tenure track position (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) for five years in an international working environment. Successful candidates receive a tenure track position, which is turned into a permanent position when our tenure requirements are met (these are available upon request).
The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between € 3,637 and € 5,656 (scale 11-12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment). Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Tilburg University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an options model for terms and conditions of employment. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation and has reimbursement of moving expenses.
The collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities applies. The start of the employment is negotiable with a high preference for starting January 1, 2020 at the latest.
For more information on this position, please contact the Head of the Department, prof. Pieter Spronck (email@example.com), or the director of education, Dr. Marie Postma (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: The department also has a job vacancy for lecturer.