Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of the majority of cardiovascular diseases, is a lipid-driven inflammatory disease of the large arteries. Experimental …
Associate Dean for Outreach and Engagement (1.0 fte)
Next to the regular tasks of a full professor (approximately 0.4 fte of the appointment), the Associate Dean will oversee several key areas for TiSEM. These include Strategic partnering, outreach and impact generation. Working ...
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
Next to the regular tasks of a full professor (approximately 0.4 fte of the appointment), the Associate Dean will oversee several key areas for TiSEM. These include Strategic partnering, outreach and impact generation. Working closely with the Dean and Vice-deans Research and Education, the Associate dean is a critical partner to relevant internal stakeholders such as the Associate Dean Internationalization, the Heads of Department and the Heads of the Support Teams as well as to external stakeholders and alumni. The associate dean also plays a vital role in structuring the professional PhD program and in establishing key links between Professional PhD students, their respective employers and TISEM.
The Associate Dean will report directly to the Dean. Working closely with the Dean, achieves goals for the establishment and growth of high-level relationships for TiSEM and for building and sustaining a culture and climate for innovation and entrepreneurship at TiSEM. The Associate Dean serves as the chief operating officer for all high-level external outreach initiatives and internal strategic initiatives, leading their strategy, creation, and direction, as well as their administration and implementation, to further TiSEM’s strategic ambition to be among the best in Europe in all our fields in business and economics, to strive for academic excellence in scientific research and in teaching, and to create societal impact.
In close collaboration with Tilburg University’s Impact Team, fosters strategic corporate and nonprofit partnerships and alumni engagement in the school’s initiatives with the objective to create more research impact through strategic innovation and to boost external income and diversify funding.
The Associate Dean serves as a representative of the school at public events; academic, alumni, and social events; and a wide range of ceremonies and occasions related to high-level external relations outreach initiatives. Serves as a liaison to TiSEM’s Head of Departments on issues pertaining to external relations and works closely with the Marketing and Communication team to meet TiSEM’s goals for publicity and recognition, and strategic marketing of the school to the public and external stakeholders. The Associate Dean leads the creation and developments and oversees the implementation of systems and processes to track, benchmark, and report the performance of TiSEM’s external relations.
The successful candidate
- Is holder of a PhD;
- Enjoys an international reputation as a scholar in the fields of Business and or Economics.
- Has a relevant network of public and private sector contacts;
- Must have demonstrated a thorough knowledge of all facets of the External Relations aspects of the job. Demonstrated ability to improve organizational effectiveness and results by providing strategic positioning, direction and leadership. Experience in strategic marketing and communication required. Managerial excellence is required.
- Is highly proactive, and possess exceptional communication, leadership, outreach, and strategic planning skills. He/she and must have the ability to create innovative strategies while overseeing their full implementation. He/she must demonstrate a deep commitment to the well-being of TISEM and the advancement of its mission, and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Has a minimum of 7 years of proven leadership experience within an academic, nonprofit, or business environment.
- Has an excellent command of English.
Tilburg University offers outstanding employee benefits, as well as an inspiring work environment and exciting campus life. We offer:
- A full time temporary appointment for a period of 5 years;
- A competitive salary. Selected candidates will be ranked in the Dutch university employment system (UFO). The starting gross salary for a fulltime appointment will vary between €5,334 and €7,766 per month (UFO: Professor 2) based on scale HL2 of the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) Dutch Universities.
- Extra holiday allowance (8% in May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3% in December).
- All university employees are covered by the so-called civil servants pension fund (ABP).
- Foreigners or long-term Dutch expats may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The university offers very good fringe benefits, such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment and excellent reimbursement of moving.
- Tight collaboration of academia with industry with access to real data and domain expertise.
- Support for your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, e.g. excellent technical infrastructure and excellent sports facilities.
For more information about position contact prof. Geert Duijsters by e-mail: email@example.com. For information on working at Tilburg University please visit https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/organization/working-at/
Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM) is the university largest faculty. TiSEM offers well reputed academic research and education. Its research belongs to the European top. The education programs, of which the majority are offered completely in English, are on the international map with the AACSB accreditation awarded in 2002. Employees and students form an ambitious international community.