1 dag geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
Associate / Full professor in the field of Business and/or Economics
Within the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program TiSEM is seeking to hire an Associate and/or Full Professor in the field of Business and/or Economics. The position offers very good opportunities for research as it ...
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
Within the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program TiSEM is seeking to hire an Associate and/or Full Professor in the field of Business and/or Economics. The position offers very good opportunities for research as it carries a moderate teaching load.
The successful candidate
- Is holder of a Ph D;
- Is an international renown scholar in the field of Business and/or Economics;
- Has published in top journals in the relevant field;
- Has organized international conferences successfully and has a network of international contacts;
- Has demonstrated ability to supervise and enthuse PhD students in their doctoral research and motivate young researchers;
- Has an excellent track record as an academic teacher;
- Has good managerial skills;
- Has experience with the development of innovative research projects and with the acquisition of research funding;
- Has capacities and skills needed to deliver both individual and teamwork performances
- Has an excellent command of English.
- Will take an active role as role-model or diversity agent in the university (e.g. by delivering a public lecture during the course of their tenure track; by making their research available for a larger audience; by mentoring other junior faculty and students; by incorporating diversity as an integral part in teaching and/or research)
Tilburg University offers outstanding employee benefits, as well as an inspiring work environment and exciting campus life. We offer:
- A full time temporary appointment for a period of 5 years;
- A competitive salary. Selected candidates will be ranked in the Dutch university employment system (UFO).
- Extra holiday allowance (8% in May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3% in December).
- All university employees are covered by the so-called civil servants pension fund (ABP).
- Foreigners or long-term Dutch expats may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf.
- The university offers very good fringe benefits, such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment and excellent reimbursement of moving
- Tight collaboration of academia with industry with access to real data and domain expertise.
- Support for your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, e.g. excellent technical infrastructure and excellent sports facilities.
Associate / Full professor in the field of Business and/or Economics within the Phillip Eijlander Diversity Program
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are priorities of the university’s HR policy. The Philip Eijlander Diversity Program (PEDP) aims to scout and attract extra-ordinary female talent in academia in order to advance the competence areas that the Schools focus on in their research agenda’s and impact themes. Appointees will receive a start-up grant for their research and are invited to participate in a coaching & career strategy training. Read more about the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/PED
The Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM) is the largest school of Tilburg University. It focuses on research and education in the fields of Business and Economics. Management and support are combined for both fields. Currently, the School offers six Bachelor’s, ten pre-Master's, fourteen Master’s, two Research Master's and two Teacher training programs to approximately 6000 students, and employs some 350 academic staff members (280 FTE). Within its broad research palette, TiSEM emphasizes a variety of societally relevant topics, such as sustainability, innovation, entrepreneurship, market governance, and aging.
For more information about position contact prof. Lex Meijdam by e-mail: A.C.Meijdam@uvt.nl. For information on working at Tilburg University please visit https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/organization/working-at/
Tilburg University is a modern university, specialized in social sciences and humanities and is internationally known for its high standards in education and scientific research as well as its good facilities. The Tilburg University campus offers both quietness and connectivity as it is located in a wooded park, ten minutes away from the city center, main highways, and railways. A mid-sized city of 200,000 inhabitants in the South of the Netherlands, in proximity to cities like Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, and London, Tilburg is located at the very heart of Europe.
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are important key priorities of the university’s HR policy. Under the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program, Tilburg University offers talented women with a passion for teaching and research a wonderful opportunity to design research and courses on important themes at the various Schools. Appointees will receive a start-up grant for their research and will participate in a networking and coaching program.
Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM) is the university largest faculty. TiSEM offers well reputed academic research and education. Its research belongs to the European top. The education programs, of which the majority are offered completely in English, are on the international map with the AACSB accreditation awarded in 2002. Employees and students form an ambitious international community.