Associate Professor Developmental Psychology (tenured)
The Department of Developmental Psychology at the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, invites applications for the following position:
Associate Professor (tenured, 1.0 FTE)
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 5190 - € 6317 per maand
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Tilburg University is a modern, specialized university. The teaching and research of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences are organized around the motto of "Understanding Society". The faculty’s inspiring working environment challenges its workers to realize their ambitions; involvement and cooperation are essential to achieve this.
Our department is looking for an associate professor with expertise in the field of developmental psychology and lifespan psychology, in which the study of either emotions, cognition, motivation, social relationships or behavior is central. In line with the philosophy of the department, the candidate is interested in interdisciplinary research and collaborations with colleagues inside and outside the department. The successful candidate will demonstrate academic leadership towards junior staff and young researchers in the department and will contribute to the strong position of the department in the broader field of developmental (lifespan) psychology, including successful aging, positive youth development, successful relationships and psychological and emotional well-being.
The candidate will pursue high-quality academic research leading to strong scientific publications in accordance with the latest guidelines of accuracy, such as pre-registration. The candidate should be willing to seek for external funding, which includes writing research proposals for NWO and/or ERC grants. In addition, other research grants and contract research are equally important. The candidate must be active in presenting and discussing research with peers and must pay attention to the consequences of research and education for different stakeholders.
In consultation with the chair of the department, the candidate will provide courses at bachelor, master or PhD level, and supervise bachelor and master theses.
The department offers a stimulating, supporting and positive work atmosphere in which scientists are encouraged to move beyond the state of the art in their discipline.
Candidates who meet these qualifications and recognize themselves in the description are welcome to apply.
- A doctoral degree (PhD) in developmental psychology or related field
- Recognition in the field of developmental (lifespan) psychology, as evidenced by high-quality publications, invited lectures and/or scientific awards
- Excellent methodological and theoretical expertise and an interest in research innovations
- A Dutch teaching qualification (UTQ) or willingness to obtain the UTQ within three years
- Excellent teaching skills, as evidenced by previous teaching evaluations
- Experience in raising funds and/or experience in contract research
- Leadership qualities to support and coach colleagues; experience with research supervision at postdoctoral and PhD level
- An interest and openness to work in an interdisciplinary environment and to participate in scientific departmental and cross-departmental activities
- An eagerness to fulfil managerial tasks as part of the candidate's work such as course coordination etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills
- Excellent command of English (level C2). Knowledge of Dutch or a willingness to learn Dutch
- Commitment to become an active member of the Tilburg academic community
- Affinity with clinical developmental psychology is a plus
- Interest in mixed methods and experimental research
Tilburg University is rated among the top Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. Selected candidates will be ranked in the Dutch university employment system (UFO). Depending on the candidates’ experience, the starting gross salary will vary between € 5,190.- and € 6,317.- per month (for a full-time appointment) based on the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of Dutch Universities. Researchers from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The university offers very good fringe benefits, such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment and excellent reimbursement of moving expenses.
Additional information about Tilburg University and the Department of Developmental Psychology can be retrieved from https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/socialsciences/organization/departments/developmental-psychology
Specific information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Stefan Bogaerts (S.Bogaerts@tilburguniversity.edu).