Full Professor in Operations Research
The Department of Econometrics and Operations Research of Tilburg School of Economics and Management (Tilburg University) is looking for a Full Professor in a central area of Operations Research (OR).
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
The position will be embedded in the Department of Econometrics and Operations Research (EOR) in the Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM) at Tilburg University.
The department EOR has three main research themes in OR, namely Deterministic OR, Stochastic OR and Game Theory. The OR research group is also active in applied projects, notably through the Zero Hunger Lab, which provides optimization and data science support to NGO’s and the United Nations. Members of the OR research group have won the prestigious INFORMS Edelman Award for applied OR on two separate occasions. In addition, the OR group performs more theoretical research, including the areas of mathematical optimization (both deterministic and stochastic, discrete and continuous), quantitative logistics, and cooperative game theory. The group has a good track record of acquiring funding for this theoretical work though funding agencies, both at the Dutch and EU level.
You will have the following main responsibilities and tasks:
- supervise PhD students
- acquire external funding
- promote the societal relevance of your research
- teach in and contribute to the development of the degree programs such as Business Analytics and Operations Research
- contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree in Operations Research or a related field
- excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international, peer-reviewed journals
- a good track record in teaching, both at the undergraduate and graduate level
- independently supervised PhD students
- received substantial research grants from external sources
- demonstrated organizational skills
- cross-cultural sensitivity
- a good command of spoken and written English
- an internationally recognized expert in your field, as witnessed, e.g., by plenary talks, prizes and awards, and editorial work for highly ranked journals
- an inspiring leader who stimulates his or her group members to maximize their potential
- an enthusiastic team player with good communication skills
- able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
- willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
We welcome all qualified applicants whose core interests align with those of the OR research group, but also seek to expand the expertise of our group in the areas of Business Analytics and Data Science, in particular Machine Learning.
The position comes with an attractive job package that features benefits including pension benefits, insurance discounts, ample vacation days, and end-of-year bonuses, to mention but a few.
The gross salary is largely determined by the Dutch labor agreement (CAO) for universities, namely scale Hgl 2 or Hgl 1 in the VSNU salary table: https://www.tiu.nu/VSNU-CAOENG.
Academic personnel recruited from abroad may be eligible for a tax-free allowance for extraterritorial costs equal to 30% of their taxable salary.
For more information, please contact the recruiting chair, Prof. Etienne de Klerk, email: E.deKlerk@tilburguniversity.edu.