Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lecturer Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence (4 years) 0.5 FTE
Due to the fast growth in numbers of students and the strong increase in research funding opportunities, the Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD) of Tilburg University (TiU), is looking for several enthusiastic new colleagues, whose scientific focus is in line with one or more of the main topics of research at the department.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 - 20 uur
- € 4274 per maand
Due to the fast growth in numbers of students and the strong increase in research funding opportunities, the Department of Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD) of Tilburg University (TiU), is looking for several enthusiastic new colleagues, whose scientific focus is in line with one or more of the main topics of research at the department. The candidates are expected to contribute to the teaching in the bachelor/master program ‘Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence’ and/or the master program ‘Data Science and Society.’
Among the disciplines studied in the department are artificial intelligence, cognitive science, and data science, with a special focus on (but not limited to) machine learning and deep learning, virtual reality, computational cognitive neuroscience, (serious) games, decision making, networking, computational linguistics, and robotics. Besides excellent terms of employment, the department offers its members access to modern research facilities, such as a computer cluster with GPU computing capability, experimental labs, as well as robots, virtual reality facilities, and sensing technologies.
A successful candidate:
- has a solid background in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, or another relevant discipline; demonstrated by an MSc degree;
- has the ability to teach the Python programming language to students;
- has experience in teaching courses, excellent didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students;
- is willing to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ);
- has good communication skills and is a team player;
- has the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- has active knowledge of English (spoken and written, a minimum of CEFR C2 level);
- Is willing to contribute to general tasks and activities of the department.
Both junior candidates and senior candidates can apply. If a position is offered, it will be in line with the background and experience of the candidate.
We offer a challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary with a maximum of € 4274,- gross per month for a full-time employment in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10) for a period of four years.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Tilburg University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an options model for terms and conditions of employment. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation and has reimbursement of moving expenses.
The collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities applies.
The start of the employment is negotiable with a high preference for starting January 1, 2020 at the latest. Positions are 0.5 FTE.