Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Lecturer / Coordinator LTMS 1,0 FTE
The Department of Law, Technology, Markets, and Society (LTMS), home of TiLT and TiLEC has a vacancy for a Lecturer / Coordinator. We are looking for someone who can make a vital contribution to the quality of teaching and learning, and support the teaching staff with several tasks closely related to TiLT’s educational activities.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
LTMS offers a Master Program in Law & Technology. In recent years, student numbers have increased and LTMS has expanded its education activities to other master programs – e.g. data science – and bachelor programs – e.g. courses in Global Law and Liberal Arts. In view of the increased workload, we are looking for a candidate who can help supervise and guide master students, carry out administrative duties related to education, carry out work associated with lectures and examinations, and participate in the organization of extra-curricular activities.
We value the link between research and education. In this respect, the Lecturer / Coordinator is offered the opportunity to dedicate one day a week to research, publishing (co-authored) academic papers. This day can also be used to develop a PhD-proposal.
The duties of the Lecturer / Coordinator are primarily to ensure consistency and continuity in LTMS educational programs. The work will involve assisting in the coordination of multiple courses and ensuring that all the rules and regulations of the university are adhered to.
You may be asked to perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role of Lecturer.
Tilburg University believes that academic excellence is achieved through the combination of outstanding research and education, in which social impact is made by sharing knowledge. In doing so, we recognize that excellence is not only achieved through individual performance, but mostly through team effort in which each team member acts as a leader connecting people.
The vacated position requires a self-starter with a deep interest in understanding how educational processes work at the university. Ranging from organizing courses to ensuring the smooth running of examination, to the understanding and managing of education enhancing technologies.
More specifically we are looking for someone who has:
- Completed a Master's program in the area of Law;
- Knowledge of, or demonstrable interest in, Law and Technology;
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral), Dutch language knowledge would be beneficial;
- Demonstrable affinity with the topics of the courses of the Master Law & Technology;
- The ability to teach, supervise and coach students in their thesis project;
- The ability to co-ordinate with others and to ensure student needs and expectations are met;
- The ability to undertake academically related administration;
- The ability to develop relevant assignments for different courses;
- The ability to assess and grade written assignments and presentations and give good (written) feedback;
- The ability to read and grade Master theses on a variety of topics;
- The ability to handle course coordination and administration;
- The ability to carry out research under supervision of a senior researcher.
Preferably, you have teaching experience, are well organized and a master in time management.
Tilburg University offers excellent terms of employment. We believe flexibility, development, and good employee benefits are very important. We make clear agreements on career paths and offer all kinds of facilities and schemes to maintain an optimum balance between work and private life.
The starting gross salary varies between €2.709 and €4.274 per month (full time) based on scale 10 of the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities. Employees recruited from abroad may be eligible for the 30% tax facility – this means that 30% of your salary will be paid as a tax-free reimbursement.
Tilburg University offers you an employment agreement for a fixed period of four, five or six years and 1.0 fte (full time; 40 hours per week).
You are entitled to a holiday allowance amounting to 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% of your gross yearly income. If you work 40 hours per week, you receive 41 days of paid recreational leave per year.
Please visit Working at Tilburg University for more information on our employment conditions.
More information on the position can be obtained from dr. Colette Cuijpers at +31 13 466 8143 or C.M.K.C.Cuijpers@tilburguniversity.edu.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature