Lecturer Private and/or Business Law
Tilburg Law School of Tilburg University is looking for a
Lecturer Private and/or Business Law
Tilburg Law School has a tradition of global law education and research, offering a Global Law Bachelor since 2013 and promoting global research even longer. A major part of the Global Law Bachelor consists of courses in the area of Private Law, Business Law and Labour Law. To complement education and research in Global Law, the Department of Private, Business & Labour Law (PBLL) of Tilburg Law School (TLS) is looking for a lecturer in Private and/or Business Law.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The candidate is:
- Expected to lecture within the Global Law Bachelor courses our department offers. You contribute to (online) education to students, taking care of the organization of the education, develop and maintain educational materials, conducting exams, and supervising students in writing the Bachelor thesis.
- Encouraged to perform scientific research with a focus on private law within the Signature Plan “Connecting Organizations”.
Tilburg University believes that academic excellence is achieved through the combination of outstanding research and education, in which social impact is made by sharing knowledge. In doing so, we recognize that excellence is not only achieved through individual performance, but mostly through team effort in which each team member acts as a leader connecting people.
As a successful candidate:
- You have an LLM degree (or equivalent qualification) in the field of private, business, corporate or commercial law;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You demonstrate the potential to be an outstanding lecturer. You are expected to have a Basic Teaching Qualification (in Dutch: BKO), or are prepared to acquire this within the first two years of your employment. In case you are a junior lecturer, you first participate in the Development Program Starting Lecturers.
- You have proficiency in English language;
- You demonstrate scientific integrity;
- You contribute to an open and diversified culture of excellence.
Tilburg University offers excellent terms of employment. We believe flexibility, development, and good employee benefits are very important. We make clear agreements on career paths and offer all kinds of facilities and schemes to maintain an optimum balance between work and private life. Tilburg University fosters diversity and inclusion; that is why we pursue an active policy for inclusive teams where diverse talents can flourish.
The starting gross salary varies between € 2.790,= and € 4.402,= per month (full time) based on scale 10 of the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities. Tilburg University actively promotes equal and transparent salary between men and women by strictly applying predetermined parameters based on the candidate’s experience. Employees recruited from abroad may be eligible for the 30% tax facility- this means that 30% of your salary will be paid as a tax-free reimbursement.
Tilburg University offers you an employment agreement for a fixed period of 4 years and 0,8 – 1,0 fte (32 – 40 hours per week).
You are entitled to a holiday allowance amounting to 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% of your gross yearly income. If you work 40 hours per week, you receive 41 days of paid recreational leave per year.
Please visit Working at Tilburg University for more information on our employment conditions.
More information on the vacated position can be obtained from prof. mr. ir. Eric Tjong Tjin Tai, Professor of Private Law, Head of Department Private, Business & Labour Law, (T.F.E.TjongTjinTai@tilburguniversity.edu), or from mr. dr. Paul Verbruggen, Associate Professor of Private Law, (Paul.Verbruggen@tilburguniversity.edu).