Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer in Organization Studies (1.0 fte, 6 years)
The Department of Organization Studies is looking for a
PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer in Organization Studies (1.0 FTE, 6 years)
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The Department of Organization Studies at Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB) invites applications for a PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer in Organization Studies to begin preferably on 1 August 2021. As a PhD Candidate/Junior Lecturer, you will have both research (50%) and teaching (50%) duties for a 6-year period.
The members of the Department of Organization Studies examine the adaptiveness of organizations from a relational perspective. Our research focuses on the interaction of organizations with their institutional environment and with other organization within networks, and within and between organizations and organizational teams. The department has a very strong research orientation with a focus on high-quality publications in leading journals in the fields of organization and management (e.g. Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Leadership Quarterly, Research Policy, Technovation, and Journal of Management). The department’s research program is part of TSB’s Herbert Simon Research Institute (HSRI) and its cross-cutting and multidisciplinary research theme ‘Adaptive Societies, Organizations, and Workers’.
Members of the Department of Organization Studies supervise Bachelor and Master students, and teach a variety of degree courses at both levels in the Organization Studies programs and in the Global Management of Social Issues programs. All programs and tracks (except for one of the bachelor programs) are taught in English. Non-Dutch-speaking candidates will be asked to teach in English only. The working language of the Department, School and University is English. Further information about the department is available at:
Department of Organization Studies | Tilburg University
Tilburg University is one of Europe’s leading universities in Social and Behavioral Sciences. According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, Tilburg University is #37 worldwide, #10 in Europe, and #1 in the Netherlands in the subject of Business & Economics. Tilburg is located in the Southern part of the Netherlands, at a 1h to 1.5h traveling distance from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Utrecht, close to Europe’s foremost high-tech regions (Brabant South-East) and equidistant from Brussels (Belgium) and the Aachen/Cologne area (Germany).
You will work on a PhD project under the supervision of Prof. dr. Leon Oerlemans (promotor), dr. Nuno Oliveira, and dr. Remco Mannak (co-promotores). Your PhD research will focus on inter-organizational networks and relationships and has a strong social network analytical component. Recent developments in data sciences and business analytics present opportunities and challenges for studying and managing inter-organizational networks and relationships. New and varied data are also used in organizations (e.g., online collaboration platforms, smart contracts, media content) providing new opportunities to address old and emerging challenges faced by managers and organizations. To this end, this PhD position aims at bringing together organizational data analytics and organization theory to advance research on inter-organizational networks and relationships, which is in line with the relational perspective on adaptive organizations that characterizes the research programs of the Department of Organization Studies at Tilburg University.
In consultation with the supervising team, you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the scope of this research project based on your specific research interests, skills and career aspirations.
Your teaching responsibilities include giving tutorials/lectures and assisting lecturer teams in courses featured in the Bachelor’s degree programs offered by the Department of Organization Studies (e.g., Relationships and Networks of Organizations), as well as in the Master’s degree programs (e.g., Inter-organizational Networks). You will also be invited to supervise Bachelor students in writing their theses. You will have the opportunity to obtain your university teaching qualification.
- A (Research) Master’s degree in a Business / Management or data science, preferably with a focus on Organization Studies.
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by your grade transcripts and CV.
- Good research skills evidenced by good grades for research methods.
- Excellent data analytical skills, as evidence by good command of social network analytics and statistical analysis (R, STATA, Python, SPSS, UCINET)
- The ability to develop a research proposal in the area of inter-organizational networks and relationships.
- The ability to teach in English; Dutch teaching skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Enthusiastic, independent and strongly motivated.
- Team spirit.
- Willingness to work in a multidisciplinary social science environment.
- We offer a full-time position with a 6 year fixed-term contract;
- The full-time salary for the position ranges between € 2.790 and € 4.402 gross per month (salary scale 10) based on a 38-hour working week;
- A holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (annually);
- Researchers from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary (the 30% tax regulation). The University will apply for such an allowance on their behalf;
- Assistance in finding accommodation (for foreign employees).
The collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities applies.
Specific information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Leon Oerlemans, chair of the Department of Organization Studies (L.A.G.Oerlemans@tilburguniversity.edu).
Your application should include the following attachments:
- A letter of motivation explaining your motivation, interest in the position and your competence in the research field.
- Your CV including academic qualifications, relevant knowledge, relevant research experience, course grade list, list of publications (if applicable) and two suitable academic references (e.g. from your Master’s thesis supervisor or a professor).
- A writing sample, for example, a chapter from your Master’s thesis or a forthcoming paper, preferably in English.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature