The research will focus on the specific applicability of internal and management control instruments in the field of taxation. As there is a direct link between these subjects and audit (techniques) this will also be part of the research. The research will take into consideration the point of view of a company as well as the point of view of a (government) auditor.
The PhD researcher is expecting:
- to conduct research resulting in a PHD in the field of taxation, more specifically internal control and the interactions between tax accounting and financial accounting.
- Some teaching in relevant fields, as well as supervising thesis.
The PhD candidate will conduct his/her research under the supervision of prof.dr. Ronald Russo (https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/nl/webwijs/show/r.russo_nl.htm)
The candidate has a master degree in taxation or accounting with a strong interest in taxation.
Tilburg University offers outstanding employee benefits, as well as an inspiring work environment and exciting campus life. We offer:
- A full time temporary appointment for a period of 4 years
- A position ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as a PhD-researcher with a starting salary of € 2.222.- gross per month in the first year, up to € 2.840,- in the final year (amounts full time)
- Holiday allowance (8% in May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3% in December)
- All university employees are covered by the so-called civil servants pension fund (ABP)
- Researchers from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf.
- The university offers very good fringe benefits (it is one of the best non-profit employers in the Netherlands), such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment, excellent reimbursement of moving expenses, excellent technical infrastructure and sports facilities.
For any remaining questions please contact Ronald Russo (email@example.com).
Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM) is the university largest faculty. TiSEM offers well reputed academic research and education. Its research belongs to the European top. The education programs, of which the majority are offered completely in English, are on the international map with the AACSB accreditation awarded in 2002. Employees and students form an ambitious international community.
Tilburg School of Economics and Management