Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Postdoc Ethno-migrant Inequality and Inclusion at Work (1.0 FTE)
The Department of Culture Studies, Tilburg University, is looking for a qualified and motivated new colleague. In cooperation with societal partners, several new research projects will be launched in 2019 on diversity and inequality between migrants and non-migrants in the Dutch labor market.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3303 - € 3303 per maand
The Department of Culture Studies, Tilburg University, is looking for a qualified and motivated new colleague. In cooperation with societal partners, several new research projects will be launched in 2019 on diversity and inequality between migrants and non-migrants in the Dutch labor market. We welcome a new colleague to strengthen our team to make these projects a success.
Why is it the case that applicants and employees with a migration background tend to have less chances to get a job, salary, promotion chances and development opportunities compared to their non-migrant colleagues? Why do they find it more difficult to experience inclusion at work? The aim of the research program of the department of Culture Studies is to analyze why and how this ethno-migrant inequality persists in the Dutch labor market. Projects provide tailor-made analysis and recommendations to stakeholders that allow them to ensure equal access and inclusion in their organizations. Projects also produce data for scientific publications and that serve as input into our master program Management of Cultural Diversity.
In 2019, we will start several projects with societal partners including the Provincie Zuid-Holland in The Hague on inequality and inclusion in recruitment and hiring as well as in performance assessment and promotion. The projects will be headed by dr. Hans Siebers (Tilburg University) in close cooperation with societal partners. The new postdoc will:
- Design and conduct interviews with applicants, selectors, employees and supervisors;
- Coordinate a team of student-assistants who will transcribe interview recordings;
- Analyze the data to provide input into the development of surveys;
- Study literature on ethno-migrant inequality in the wider European labor market;
- Contribute to joined publications;
- Accomplish some smaller teaching tasks in the master Management of Cultural Diversity
The successful post-doc candidate:
- Holds a PhD in a relevant discipline like sociology, anthropology, cross-cultural psychology, HR studies, organization studies or cultural studies on a related subject or will obtain his or her PhD soon;
- Disposes of expertise in human resources, labor relations and/or labor market issues;
- Disposes of expertise on migrants, migration and/or ethnicity;
- Has experience in conducting semi-structured interviews and literature studies;
- Has peer-reviewed publications or acceptances in peer-reviewed journals;
- Has strong Dutch and English communication and writing skills.
Tilburg University is rated among the top Dutch employers, offering excellent terms of employment. The collective labor agreement of Tilburg University applies. We offer the postdoc an inspiring work environment on the forefront of science, education and valorization.
The successful candidate will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as a postdoc researcher with a starting salary of € 3303, -- gross per month (based on a fulltime contract, depending on relevant work experience) exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8,3 % end year bonus and is based on the scale 10 of the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities.
The contract is for a fixed period of six months on a full-time basis starting preferably in February 2019, a part-time appointment is negotiable.
Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf.