Postdoctoral Position in Computer Vision and Machine Learning Applied to Art Authentication (0.8 FTE)
Art Recognition and the AI Department of Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital sciences at Tilburg University invite applications for a 2-year postdoctoral position funded from the Eurostars-2 joint program with co-funding from the European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation program.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
AI methods represent a quantifiable scientific alternative to the traditional art authentication methods. The Zurich based startup Art Recognition AG has developed an AI algorithm to authenticate artworks and detect forgeries. To improve the prototype and make it commercially viable, Art Recognition has partnered up with the Cognitive Science & AI Department (CSAI) at Tilburg University (the Netherlands) which already has extensive experience with using computer vision/AI methods in the artistic context. CSAI performs computational research in the domains of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science and runs educational programs on Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and Society. The rapid expansion of our programs offers opportunities for young researchers to contribute to our program and to set up and expand their own research.
Art Recognition and the AI Department at Tilburg University invite applications for a 2-year postdoctoral position funded from the Eurostars-2 joint program with co-funding from the European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation program.
The selected candidate will contribute to the development of next generation AI algorithm applied to art authentication. The candidate will be hosted in the AI Department at Tilburg University and will occasionally travel to Zurich.
- recently acquired Ph.D. in computer science or a quantitative discipline;
- Experience in Deep Learning algorithms;
- Proficient with using python and relevant platforms (Tensorflow, Google Cloud Platform);
- Strong track record of research publications in top tier conferences and journals;
- Interest in working at the frontier of data science and art;
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate.
The postdoctoral researcher will be employed at Tilburg University. We offer:
- A 0.8 fte position; The start date of the employment is negotiable, but preferably as soon as possible. If your desired start date is still subject to the corona measures, it is possible to start working remotely.
- The selected candidate will start with a contract for one year, concluded by an evaluation after approximately 10 months. Upon a positive outcome of the first-year evaluation, the candidate will be offered an employment contract for the remaining year;
- A minimum gross salary of € 2709 per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (annually);
- Researchers from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary (the 30% tax regulation). The University will apply for such an allowance on their behalf;
- The University will provide assistance in finding accommodation (for foreign employees);
- The opportunity to perform cutting edge research in collaboration with experts in AI and data science in the department;
- Support for your personal development and career planning including participation in courses, summer schools, conference visits, research visits to other institutes (both academic and industrial), etc.;
- Tilburg University is rated among the top Dutch employers and offers very good fringe benefits (it is one of the best non-profit employers in the Netherlands), also including excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes and excellent sport facilities. The collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities applies.
Who are we
The Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence (CS&AI) department performs computational research in the domains of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science and runs educational programs on Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and Society. The department is partially housed on Tilburg University campus and in the Deprez building (near Tilburg central station) as member of Mind Labs. We maintain a close collaboration with the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) in ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature