Postdoctoral researcher for the theme of Disruption in Healthcare, 's-Hertogenbosch (JADS)
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher for the theme of Disruption in Healthcare, ’s-Hertogenbosch, for the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS)
- Sint Janssingel, Den Bosch, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
In order to determine the impact of new disruptive technologies (including Data Science) on healthcare and the healthcare system, qualitative research will initially be conducted (e.g. in-depth interviews, working with focus groups, etc.). In addition, new business models within the healthcare sector and the possible changes caused by these models in the existing value chains will be investigated. The ‘hype cycle of Gartner’ will be used as a starting point for identifying disruptive technologies on the basis of a theoretical framework.
In order to determine the possible impact of disruptive technologies, the impact of disruption is examined in detail from four different perspectives:
- The business impact of new Data Science initiatives of CZ.
- The business impact of Health start-ups.
- Learning from international parallels.
- In addition, learning from historical parallels.
- PhD in a relevant subject (healthcare, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, entrepreneurship, innovation).
- Knowledge of modern Data Science technologies and/or statistics (or the willingness to acquire this knowledge) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Affinity with healthcare / health insurance.
- Affinity with research into business models and digital disruption, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A great deal of knowledge about the world of large organizations and the complexity of digital transformations.
- Knowledge of organizational issues and the possible impact of data on people's work.
- Is demonstrably able to be in charge of a project team / project.
- Is demonstrably able to bridge the gap between different disciplines and groups; between management and the workforce, between Data Science and healthcare, between technical experts and substantive professionals.
The position involves 40 working hours per week. In accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities, the position is classified in salary scale 10. Depending on the knowledge and experience of the employee, the gross monthly salary will amount to a minimum of € 3,111 and a maximum of € 4,084 for full-time employment. The duration of the employment will be 2 years with the possibility of extension.
The starting date for the position is as soon as possible.
If you require more information, please follow this link https://tiu.nu/information. For more information on the position, please contact Prof. A. van den Born, email: j.a.vdnBorn@uvt.nl. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Charl Kuiters, HR Advisor, at email@example.com.
Jheronimus Academy of Data Science organization
The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (jads.nl) is a unique concept in the Netherlands. Data Science can be studied, researched and applied at three different locations by means of Bachelor's and Master's programs, Postdoctoral education, Data Science Centers and integration in existing ecosystems. With this unique cooperation between the Province of North Brabant, the Municipality of 's-Hertogenbosch, Tilburg University and the Eindhoven University of Technology, we will create a new knowledge infrastructure that allows North Brabant to position itself in the heart of the future.
The graduate school of JADS trains entrepreneurial and innovative data specialists who are well versed in Data Science and the application thereof in, for example, social and business environments. JADS offers organizations good opportunities to become part of the Data Science ecosystem. The ecosystem of JADS is growing rapidly. Besides the number of partners, the variety of activities jointly organized with the partners is also expanding. In addition, we offer support to data-related starters and continue to build a community.
Disruption in healthcare is one of the lines of research of the Data Science partnership program between CZ and JADS.