Postdoctoral Researcher Tilburg Law School Department LTMS
TILT has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Researcher who can make a vital contribution to both research and education in the fields covered by the European Commission's Digital Single Market Strategy. The successful applicant will contribute to the research on commissioned projects, writing research proposals, contribute to teaching privacy and data protection courses in the Tilburg Law School and in the Data Science programs in which TILT is involved in and supervising master thesis students.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4274 per maand
TILT is part of an international consortium enacted to conduct evaluation and impact assessment studies for DG CONNECT (Communications Networks, Content and Technology) over the next four years. These studies involve a wide range of topics within the scope of DG CONNECT. The successful applicant will be part of the core team writing tenders and conducting research for the various studies. (S)he will work in smaller and bigger teams consisting of TILT members and partner within the international consortium.
TILT is offering a Master Program in Law & Technology. In recent years, student numbers have increased, and TILT expanded their education activities to other master programs – e.g. data science – and bachelor programs – e.g. courses in Global Law and Liberal Arts. In view of the increased workload, we are looking for a candidate who is interested in the combination of research and education.
You may be asked to perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role of Postdoc.
Tilburg University believes that academic excellence is achieved through the combination of outstanding research and education, in which social impact is made by sharing knowledge. In doing so, we recognize that excellence is not only achieved through individual performance, but mostly through team effort in which each team member acts as a leader connecting people.
More specifically, we are looking for a candidate who has:
- Completed a PhD in the area of Technology Law;
- Knowledge of, or demonstrable interest in relevant Technology Law fields such as privacy and data protection, cybersecurity, IPR, competition law, e-commerce law;
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch (both written and oral);
- The ability to independently carry out research;
- The ability to co-work in a research team;
- The ability to write research proposals;
- The ability to supervise and coach students in writing their Ma thesis Law & Technology;
- The ability to undertake academically related administration;
- The ability to develop relevant assignments for different courses;
- The ability to assess and grade written assignments and presentations and give good (written) feedback;
- The ability to read and grade Master theses on a variety of topics.
Preferably, the candidate already has experience in working in research projects and teaching.
Tilburg University offers excellent terms of employment. We believe flexibility, development, and good employee benefits are very important. We make clear agreements on career paths and offer all kinds of facilities and schemes to maintain an optimum balance between work and private life. Tilburg University also fosters diversity & inclusion; that is why we pursue an active policy for inclusive teams where diverse talents can flourish.
The starting gross salary varies between €3,637 and €4,274 gross per month (full time) based on step 0 – 5 in salary scale 11 of the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities. Employees recruited from abroad may be eligible for the 30% tax facility – this means that 30% of your salary will be paid as a tax-free reimbursement.
Tilburg University offers you an employment agreement for two years and 1.0 fte (40 hours per week).
You are entitled to a holiday allowance amounting to 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% of your gross yearly income. If you work 40 hours per week, you receive 41 days of paid recreational leave per year.
Please visit Working at Tilburg University for more information on our employment conditions.