Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Research Assistant Digital Literature (0,4 fte)
The Department of Communication and Cognition in the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences is looking for a part-time research assistant.
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 - 20 uur
- € 2329 - € 2526 per maand
The successful candidate will join a consortium of researchers (Tilburg University, Radboud University) and societal partners (Bibliotheek Midden-Brabant, Koninklijke Bibliotheek) and contribute to collecting data in secondary schools to test whether the use of digital literature (e.g., poems experienced in virtual reality) in classes of Dutch will enhance pupils’ appreciation of language and literature. During a period of nine months, the successful candidate will contribute to preparing the study, collect data at schools, and potentially analyze these data in close collaboration with other project members. This position would be ideal for a research-career oriented candidate who would like to gain additional research experience before embarking on a PhD project.
This 9-month part-time position is funded by a grant awarded by the Tilburg University Fund to the consortium led by Dr. David Peeters.
- You are interested in (experimental or qualitative) language research and/or digital literature and/or educational research in the classroom
- You have a Master’s or Research Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or are currently a second-year student in a relevant Research Master program
- You are motivated to gain additional research experience
- You have experience analyzing qualitative and/or quantitative data
- You can function well in a team of both academic and societal partners, have the ability to work independently, and have good communication skills
- As this position entails collecting data in Dutch secondary schools, good knowledge of Dutch will be a requirement
- Fixed-term contract: 9 months.
- A part-time position (0,4 FTE). Ideal start date is mid October 2020.
- The selected candidate will receive a contract for 9 months at Tilburg University at the Department of Communication and Cognition.
- The research assistant will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as a Research Employee 4. The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 2.329 up to (maximally) € 2.526 per month.
- A holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (annually);
- Researchers from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a temporary tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The University will apply for such an allowance on their behalf;
- The University will provide assistance in finding suitable accommodation (for foreign employees);
- Tilburg University is rated among the top Dutch employers and offers very good fringe benefits (it is one of the best non-profit employers in the Netherlands), also including excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes and excellent sport facilities. The collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities applies.
For more information on this position, please contact the principal investigator of this project: Dr. David Peeters (D.G.T.Peeters@tilburguniversity.edu).