De afdeling Neurochirurgie heeft een vacature voor de functie van (arts-)onderzoeker binnen de neurovasculaire onderzoekslijn. Binnen deze onderzoekslijn …
Tenure track assistant professor in the field of Business and Economics
TiSEM has an opening for a Tenure Track position in the field of Business and Economics. The position is a tenure track position for six years. It carries a light teaching load, and offers ample ...
- Warandelaan, Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
TiSEM has an opening for a Tenure Track position in the field of Business and Economics. The position is a tenure track position for six years. It carries a light teaching load, and offers ample time for research. After five years at the latest, a tenure decision will be made based on performance in research and teaching.
- should have completed, or is close to completing her Ph.D. dissertation, for this position all areas of research within Business and Economics will be considered
- should demonstrate research potential leading to publications in top academic journals
- will take an active role as role-model or diversity agent in the university (e.g. by delivering a public lecture during the course of their tenure track; by making their research available for a larger audience; by mentoring other junior faculty and students; by incorporating diversity as an integral part in teaching and/or research)
- while proficiency in English is required, knowledge of Dutch is not necessary
Tilburg University offers outstanding employee benefits, as well as an inspiring work environment and exciting campus life. We offer:
- A tenure track position for six years. After five years at the latest, a tenure decision will be made
- A competitive salary. Selected candidates will be ranked in the Dutch university employment system (UFO) as Assistant Professor. The starting gross salary for a fulltime appointment will vary between € 3,475.- and € 4,757.- per month (UFO: Assistant Professor 2) based on scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) Dutch Universities.
- Extra holiday allowance (8% in May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3% in December).
- All university employees are covered by the so-called civil servants pension fund (ABP).
- Foreigners or long-term Dutch expats may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf. The university offers very good fringe benefits, such as an options model for terms and conditions of employment and excellent reimbursement of moving
- Tight collaboration of academia with industry with access to real data and domain expertise.
- Support for your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, e.g. excellent technical infrastructure and excellent sports facilities.
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are priorities of the university’s HR policy. The Philip Eijlander Diversity Program (PEDP) aims to scout and attract extra-ordinary female talent in academia in order to advance the competence areas that the Schools focus on in their research agenda’s and impact themes. Appointees will receive a start-up grant for their research and are invited to participate in a coaching & career strategy training. Read more about the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/PED
For more information about position contact prof. Lex Meijdam by e-mail: A.C.Meijdam@uvt.nl. For information on working at Tilburg University please visit https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/organization/working-at/
Tilburg University is a modern university, specialized in social sciences and humanities and is internationally known for its high standards in education and scientific research as well as its good facilities. The Tilburg University campus offers both quietness and connectivity as it is located in a wooded park, ten minutes away from the city center, main highways, and railways. A mid-sized city of 200,000 inhabitants in the South of the Netherlands, in proximity to cities like Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, and London, Tilburg is located at the very heart of Europe.
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are important key priorities of the university’s HR policy. Under the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program, Tilburg University offers talented women with a passion for teaching and research a wonderful opportunity to design research and courses on important themes at the various Schools. Appointees will receive a start-up grant for their research and will participate in a networking and coaching program.
The Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM) is the largest school of Tilburg University. It focuses on research and education in the fields of Business and Economics. Management and support are combined for both fields. Currently, the School offers six Bachelor’s, ten pre-Master's, fourteen Master’s, two Research Master's and two Teacher training programs to approximately 6000 students, and employs some 350 academic staff members (280 FTE). Within its broad research palette, TiSEM emphasizes a variety of societally relevant topics, such as sustainability, innovation, entrepreneurship, market governance, and aging.