RSM BV provides a first-class portfolio of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes with an international team of 100 staff working from the university campus in Rotterdam.
- 2-5 jaar
Our client: Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam (RSM BV) is one of Europe’s most international and innovative business schools. Its primary focus is to develop business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future.
RSM BV offers an environment where the staff is encouraged to embrace change as a challenge in helping the organization reaching its goals and those of its students. The working atmosphere at RSM BV is informal and communication lines are short. Being an independent and commercial company within the Erasmus University, the situation of RSM BV is sometimes complex and challenging. At the same time the company itself it small enough to maintain personal contacts and be able to have an overview of what’s going on throughout the organization. The environment is culturally diverse and very international.
RSM BV is located in a pleasant and relatively small office, based at the Erasmus University campus in Rotterdam. It’s a lively environment, with students, staff and different companies and restaurants. The office is easy to reach by public transport as well as by car.
RSM BV is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities. RSM BV values internal mobility; therefore internal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the RSM BV website: www.rsm.nl.
The position of Business Controller
The goal of RSM BV is to offer the best quality and state-of-the-art education to its students, which makes it a demanding environment where changes can come up fast. In order to improve and professionalize their portfolio and services, the importance of (financial) data is also increasing. For this reason RSM BV has a vacancy for an experienced Business Controller to strengthen the finance team.
Tasks & responsibilities that come with this position are:
- Manage the monthly close process
- Maintain the financial risk control framework
- Deliver periodic financial forecasting
- Manage the annual budgeting process
- Support departments with in-depth financial reports and analysis
- Support the leadership with ad-hoc financial analyses
You work closely together with your direct colleagues in the finance team and you will report directly to the Director of Finance. In addition, you often work together with department heads and the leadership team. You will maintain strong working relationships within the office and with external stakeholders, including (but not limited to) RSM BV’s faculty partners at the university.
This is you
You are a solution-oriented expert in business control, well organized, resilient to stress and able to adjust to rapidly changing and high demanding situations. You have excellent analytical and numerical skills and you are very well able to strengthen the connection between finance and business and vice versa. You have an open attitude and you feel responsible for achieving objectives. Furthermore; you get energy from (working on) changes and improvements. You also know how to communicate well with other departments and you are a strong relationship builder. Last but not least you get satisfied when understanding and strengthening data and processes.
In addition, you have/ are:
- a bachelors’ degree in finance/ economics/ (business) control or a related field
- preferably at least 3 - 5 years of work experience in the field of business control
- a proactive communicator, with near-native command of the English language and an understanding of the sensitivities of working in an international environment
- both a team player and someone who can work alone very well
- excellent spreadsheet skills (Excel, Power BI or equivalent)
- working knowledge in accounting software, preferably Exact Online
- working knowledge in CRM software, preferably MS Dynamics
- excellent understanding of essential skills for business partnering related work
- the desire to learn and grow professionally
- accurate with intrinsic drive to achieve set goals
- an effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- a good listener who values the input of others.
What does RSM BV offer?
Besides the possibility to have a job in a challenging and international company with enthusiastic colleagues, this position in particular will enable you to work in a great environment where the business and academic world come together. In addition, you are stimulated to develop yourself and on the long term there will be sufficient opportunities to grow, within RSM BV as well as within the broader University.
Furthermore, RSM BV offers:
• gross monthly salary up to (a maximum of) € 5.900, depending on knowledge and experience
• 8% holiday allowance
• attractive pension (premium free DC scheme)
• 25 holiday days
• 12 ADV days
• Hybrid office vs home working scheme
• Commuting and home-working allowance
• Personal development training options
How to apply
Are you interested in this challenging position in an environment where you can contribute to the professional growth of (future) leaders and therefore make impact on society? And where you can really add value in professionalizing the finance function towards a sound business support role? Then this job might be interesting for you. We are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter. We’ll let you know as soon as possible if you are invited for an interview.
Would you first like to learn more about the organization or the position? Please contact our consultant Janine Trompetter by telephone (06-29472010) or e-mail (email@example.com).
We are aiming at completing the recruitment process before the 31st of December 2022.