Financial Reporting Specialist
As a Financial Reporting Specialist your efforts will support Triodos’ commitments towards transparent reporting, a more sustainable economy, and a more just society.
Employment Services namens Triodos
Money always sets things into motion
Triodos Bank (further: Triodos), with around 1,700 co-workers, is making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years they have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. Triodos is enabled to do so by customers and investors who wish to contribute to a sustainable, fair and humane society. They only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore, they make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with them.
Triodos has an open, non-hierarchical, and transparent corporate culture. At Triodos Head Office, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued. They prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. More information? See https://www.triodos.com.
Triodos Head Office is located in an award-winning sustainable office, based in Driebergen-Rijssenburg. There are other locations in five countries across Europe.
The position of Financial Reporting Specialist (32 – 40 hours)
Triodos Bank aims to be a frontrunner in transparent reporting. Your goal is to ensure Triodos Bank’s financial reporting is correct, complete and on time. You do this by understanding and applying IFRS reporting requirements, maintaining and improving the core processes for financial reporting, including its systems, and strengthening the Internal Control Framework.
Triodos Bank as well as the world in which they operate changes continuously. Their financial reports and processes need to be able to adapt rapidly. Because of organisational changes at Triodos, the changes in regulations as well as their own pledges the complexity of their work increases. This creates the need to continuously improve the level of control and efficiency of the financial reports. Your efforts will support Triodos’ commitments towards transparent reporting, a more sustainable economy, and a more just society.
Tasks & responsibilities
· Prepare annual financial statements and half year reports.
· Preparing monthly consolidation for internal and external reports and analysing the financial results.
· Co-coordinating the process of the financial statements, half year report and related publications, such as press releases and prospectuses.
· Analysing (new) transactions, products, laws and regulations, banking guidelines, and implement these.
· Maintaining and improving our core processes for financial reporting, including its systems.
You are part of the Group Financial & Impact Reporting team which consists of six dedicated professionals who are responsible for Financial Reporting and Impact Reporting. You will also closely collaborate with co-workers from Accounting, Internal Control, Accounting Policies, Regulatory Reporting, Communication, and Change.
This is you
You are an expert in financial reporting and related processes and controls. You work and think at university level (MSc) and have strong analytical and abstract thinking skills. You are an innovative, solution-oriented, and analytical thinker with a hands-on mentality. You feel attracted to work in an international, ambitious, and pioneering environment.
You have a positive and open attitude, and you feel responsible for achieving goals, and you get energy from changes and improvements. You work accurately and in a structured way, but at the same time you are able to think out-of-the-box for new ways to improve activities and processes.
This is complemented by:
· A master’s degree (preferably) complemented by the post-graduate certificate Register Accountant (or international equivalent) and have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Reporting, Control, Audit, or similar roles.
· Good understanding of Financial Reporting in general and preferably IFRS 9 Financial Instruments.
· Affinity with working with reporting systems and a broad general knowledge of IT systems and how to use them for process improvements. Experience with Tagetik is a plus.
· Experience with Process Improvements and Internal Control Frameworks.
· A demonstrable personal connection with sustainability, and alignment with the values and mission of Triodos Bank and the role finance plays in the transition towards a more sustainable economy and a more just society.
· Excellent communication skills, including a proficient level in English in both speaking and writing.
What does Triodos offer?
Besides the possibility to work in a challenging environment with enthusiastic colleagues, this position in particular will enable you to gain in-dept knowledge about Triodos and build a network throughout the organization. In addition, you are stimulated to develop yourself and on the long term there will be sufficient opportunities to grow further within the organization.
You will be (partly) working at the award-winning sustainable office of Triodos in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands, at 'Landgoed de Reehorst', just 3 minutes’ walk from the Driebergen-Zeist train station. Besides the possibility to work at this pleasant and sustainable office, you will be facilitated and stimulated to work in your ‘home office’.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for Triodos as a bank and for you as co-worker. The employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
· a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
· an attractive pension policy.
· if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
· flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
· reimbursement under our company bicycle scheme to a max of € 1,500.
· 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
· extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
· a range of education and training opportunities.
· the option to join our collective health insurance.
· a working from home allowance per home office day.
· health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
How to apply
Are you interested in this challenging position in an environment where you can make impact on society and where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the professionalization of the financial reporting process? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter!
Would you first like to learn more about the organization or the position? Please contact our consultant Janine Trompetter by telephone (06-29472010) or e-mail (email@example.com).
We are aiming at completing the recruitment process before the 1st of October 2022.
Employment Services (www.employmentservices.nl) has proven effective in recruitment & selection, interim management and executive search through personal attention and sound advice.