Fully funded PhD Positions in Business and Management at Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) *(up to) 5-year fully-funded projects & state-of-the-art facilities*
Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is a joint research institute of Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE). Each year, ERIM initiates new and internationally oriented PhD research projects focusing on pioneering and innovative research in the fields of management and business research. For more information about ERIM please visit www.erim.eur.nl.
We have opened the applications process for the Fulltime PhD programme starting in September 2024. The applications deadline is 15 January 2024.
ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields:
(Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Innovation Management, Transportation, Inventories, Terminal Operations, Sustainability, Procurement, Public Transport, Business Networks, Information and Communication Systems and Technologies)
(Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Innovation, Organisational Behaviour, Sustainability, Leadership, Teams)
(Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Management and Strategy, Marketing Modelling, Consumer Neuroscience)
(Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Real Estate Finance, Financial Accounting, Financial Econometrics, Financial Markets, Investments, Management Accounting, Risk Management, Banking)
(Strategy; Entrepreneurship; Strategic Renewal; Managerial roles, Top Management Teams and Leadership; Corporate Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation; Exploitation, Exploration and Ambidexterity; International Business)
For a list and detailed description of all current ERIM Fulltime PhD Vacancies, please visit the ERIM website.
PhD Online Information Sessions
Find out more about our Fulltime PhD programme at one of these two sessions:
· 30 November from 14:00-14:45 CET. Sign up for this event
· 4 December from 11:00-11:45 CET. Sign up for this event
More information about the Fulltime PhD in Management programme can be found on www.erim.eur.nl/phd.
To be considered for a PhD position in management, you are expected to:
- hold an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, or mathematics (depending on PhD project)
- have excellent results in your first degree or graduate study
- show explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- have a GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations), ideally you have GMAT/GRE scores that place you in or above the 85th percentile of the test takers. It is possible to apply without GMAT/GRE scores, but we will look for additional evidence of excellence. (The test results should not be older than five years.)
- have TOEFL or IELTS test results. For internet-based TOEFL test, ERIM requires a total score of at least 100 and all section scores (writing, speaking, reading, and listening) should be at least 23. A minimum score of 600 is required on paper-based TOEFL test. For IELTS, the minimum overall band score is 7.5 and all section scores (writing, speaking, reading, and listening) should be at least 6.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interviews with the potential supervisors.
Conditions of employment
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration up to five years.
PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the-art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM set up for a wide range of research-related activities such as conference participation, international job markets, external courses, scientific and educational literature, visits to international supervisors, and international research studies.
How to apply
All applicants are required to follow our online application process.
Additional information can be obtained from:
ERIM Fulltime PhD Doctoral Office