Global Internal Audit & Risk Manager
In this independent expert role, you should enhance and protect Stahl’s organizational value and assist the Stahl Board and Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Stahl by providing risk-based objective audit, advice and insight. Your responsibility includes the design, implementation and maintenance of the global internal audit methodology, planning and further assessing the scope, design and effectiveness of Stahl’s risk management and control systems and related review and monitoring activities.
You will visit the operating companies in various countries and work with local management to secure and further develop the efficiency and effectiveness of various business processes. With a focus on internal control optimization and continuous improvement, you will have a key position in the financial control environment of the Group. You will have direct reporting lines to the Audit Committee and (operationally) to the CFO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and maintenance of relevant and up-to-date audit methodology
- Preparation of a risk-based audit plan and providing risk-based objective audit, advice and insight
- Execution of the internal audit plan (operational audits, including audits on internally reported CSR information and IT audits) in compliance with the audit methodology
- Further develop a systematic, disciplined approach in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Reporting timely on internal audit findings, providing recommendations to Local Management, and producing and presenting concise impactful reporting to the Management Board and Board Audit Committee
- Responsible for facilitating the enterprise risk management cycle
- Monitoring and reporting management’s progress with remediation activities through follow-up on audit findings and closing of remediation plans
- Initiate and facilitate improvements in internal controls by performing predefined internal control activities and post-merger integration audits
- Perform ad-hoc audits/activities/projects on request of the Management Board and Audit Committee
To be successful in this position, Stahl expects the candidate to have the following qualifications:
- Academic level and post-master qualification (RA/CPA). In addition, a qualification for RO, RE or CIA would be an extra plus
- At least 10 years of proven, relevant working experience in a (senior) internal audit position and/or in an audit firm, experience in a role where switching caps was required (between 3rd line audit and 2nd line internal control and risk management), and role consciousness
- Good knowledge of risk management, internal controls and auditing
- Understanding of and preferably experience with data analytics and applicable software, good knowledge of IT environments and preferably experience with IT audits (knowledge of SAP is a plus)
- To the point, precise, integrity and positive attitude
- Pragmatic and pro-active, hands-on mentality
- Ability to challenge constructively, ability to remain impartial and maintain professional skepticism with the proven ability to stand strongly related to a professional opinion while maintaining personal connections
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international organization, combined with the capability to smoothly interact with (inter)national colleagues at operational, tactical and strategic levels as well as with very senior stakeholders at governance level
- Excellent verbal and written communication and concise reporting skills, with fluency in English and Dutch
- Experience and proven ability to effectively engage and communicate with Management Board and Board Audit Committee
- Willing and able to travel internationally, approximately 20%
Stahl is a customer-focused group that specializes in specialty formulations for coatings and surface treatments for flexible substrates with a distinctive focus on innovation and sustainability.
Through their people, their expertise and the creation of open and lasting partnerships, Stahl offers a wide range of solutions to the automotive, shoe, apparel & accessories and home interior sectors, and for industrial applications.
Headquartered in Waalwijk, The Netherlands, Stahl realized in 2022 a turnover of ca. EUR 900 million with an EBITDA margin of more than 20%. With the recent acquisition of ICP Industrial Solutions Group in the USA, the turnover in 2023 will exceed €1 billion. The company employs approx. 2.000 people in 23 countries at 11 manufacturing sites and 34 application centers.
The culture at the headquarters is professional and informal. Openness and direct communication are of great importance.
Read more about Stahl at: https://www.stahl.com/about-us/history